MODE and MARK/RELEASE - Thanks!

Post by Andrew Bee » Wed, 25 Jul 1990 13:14:50

Thanks to all who replied to my question on MODE as a TSR.  It turns out
that MODE will work with programs like MARK and RELEASE (though I haven't
gotten my hands on them to try it out.)

But, of course, there was a simpler solution.  Simply MODE LPT1 directs the
output back to the parallel printer, where MODE LPT1=LPT1 does not, which is
where all the confusion started in the first place.

+----------------+----------------------+----------------------------------+
|Andrew Beers    |                      |"If things that could have gone   |

|Buffalo, NY     |                      |have been better if they had."    |
+----------------+----------------------+----------------------------------+

1. MODE and MARK/RELEASE

Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.programmer
Subject: MODE and MARK/RELEASE

When I type:

mode lpt1:=com1:

to redirect the output to the parallel port, MSDOS responds with "Resident
portion of MODE loaded."  Is this a TSR and more importantly can it be
handled with TSR management programs such as MARK/RELEASE.  I am working
on a station with many output devices.  Once this resident MODE is loaded, I
can't use the other printers, etc., without warm booting to get rid of MODE.

Thanks in advance.  I'll post a summary of replies.

+----------------+----------------------+----------------------------------+

Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.programmer
Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.programmer

When I type:

mode lpt1:=com1:

to redirect the output to the parallel port, MSDOS responds with "Resident
portion of MODE loaded."  Is this a TSR and more importantly can it be
handled with TSR management programs such as MARK/RELEASE.  I am working
on a station with many output devices.  Once this resident MODE is loaded, I
can't use the other printers, etc., without warm booting to get rid of MODE.

Thanks in advance.  I'll post a summary of replies.

+----------------+----------------------+----------------------------------+
|Andrew Beers    |                      |"If things that could have gone   |

|Buffalo, NY     |                      |have been better if they had."    |
+----------------+----------------------+----------------------------------+

2. Help - Compiling Bind8.2.2p5 on HPUX11

3. Where can I find Mark/Release?

4. New HDD prevents CDROM detection

5. Borland C++ 3.1 - Store data like MARK/RELEASE

6. How to reinstall SP1

7. 4NT not releasing back to command mode??

8. 2000 + COMBo + Much 4 SALE

9. RELEASED: UltraCompressor II PRO (press release)

10. 4NT: marking an area to copy

11. forwarded message from Mark Hessling

12. How to get rid of "BAD" sector marks?

13. How do I mark a sector bad being used by DBLSPACE.000?