PCDOS: how do get DYNALOAD to unload a DD?

PCDOS: how do get DYNALOAD to unload a DD?

Post by Steve Gallagh » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 02:18:38

Running PCDOS 7, I can use DYNALOAD to load up a device driver from
within my batch file like so:

DYNALOAD  A:\DOS\MYDRIVER.SYS  /T:500 /F

Now, when I get ready to exit this batch file, I want to UNload it.
What is the syntax? The PCDOS docs are mysteriously silent. Thanks in
advance!

Post by Charles D » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:06:38

> Running PCDOS 7, I can use DYNALOAD to load up a device driver from
> within my batch file like so:

> DYNALOAD  A:\DOS\MYDRIVER.SYS  /T:500 /F

> Now, when I get ready to exit this batch file, I want to UNload it.
> What is the syntax? The PCDOS docs are mysteriously silent. Thanks in
> advance!

No mystery.  Device drivers aren't meant to be unloaded.

You could try some of ye olde TSR managment utilities
like MARK/RELEASE.  These *might* allow you to remove
a device driver from memory -- but more likely will
just lead to a system crash.