Background FTP Server for DOS

Post by Tibor Mocs » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I'm in need of an FTP server that runs in the background in DOS so that
>we can pull files off of the PC over our LAN while another application
>is running.

>It's a lot to ask, but does anyone know of a solution?

Nothing is impossible. You need either a combination of
DOS+QEMM+Desqview or simply a multitasking DOS - DR DOS - .
Alternatively you could also use DOS+Windows 3.1x(for Workgroups).
These should be integrated into your LAN.
At any rate, you need a multitasking environment. Than you should setup
the FTP server - I'd suggest any brand of KA9Q - . (There is another ftp
server at Simtel, A-FTP, can run off a floppy but lacks any security system.)
I'm sure you won't find it easy, but as said above, everything is possible,
even with DOS.

--
Tibor Mocsar

1. Looking for a single threaded WATTCP & DOS FTP server.

Howdy

I'm looking for source code for a single threaded
DOS based
FTP Server. Ideally it should use DJGPP and
WATTCP, but
at the moment I'll take anything that is single
threaded.

Can anyone help me?

Either post here, or email me on

Thanks
Wayne Paverd

2. Cyberdrive 12x SCSI cd-rom Mod 120s

3. FTP server for DOS...

4. Product Info: Software Documentation Tool

5. Connecting to an FTP server through DOS

6. xemacs 20.3 on IRIX "6.3 for O2 including R10000"

7. DOS-Script to FTP a file over the SOCKS Server.....

8. CPU upgrading: 7500 v. PowerWave 120

9. DOS based FTP server?

10. FTP server for DOS...

11. DOS FTP Server