Printing delay in Windows 2000 command window.

Printing delay in Windows 2000 command window.

Post by Rob Plaz » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:24:30

I am working with an old DOS program that I wrote.  There is a problem when
the program prints text.

In regular DOS, the program prints great.  Data is sent to the printer
immediately when submitted.

When the program is run in a command window in Windows 2000, there is a 20
second delay between submittal and the first data appearing at the printer.

I assume Windows 2000 is delaying the printing for some reason.

Is there some registry setting I can change to minimize or eliminate this
delay?

Printing delay in Windows 2000 command window.

Post by Alexander Russel » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:40:08

Quote:> I am working with an old DOS program that I wrote.  There is a problem
when
> the program prints text.

> In regular DOS, the program prints great.  Data is sent to the printer
> immediately when submitted.

> When the program is run in a command window in Windows 2000, there is a 20
> second delay between submittal and the first data appearing at the
printer.

> I assume Windows 2000 is delaying the printing for some reason.

> Is there some registry setting I can change to minimize or eliminate this
> delay?

Try posting to a win NT newsgroup  - this isn't a dos problem.

1. Blinking text in DOS, not in Windows 2000 command window.

In my DOS program I can make text blink by setting a bit in the attributes
for the characters I want to blink.

When the program is run in Windows 2000 command window, everything that
should blink, doesn't.  Instead the background color appears in "bright"
color.  It appears that the operating system is interpreting the attribute
bit differently.

Is there any way I can change this and make it blink like it is suppose to?
Is there some registry setting maybe?

2. which mode?

3. NTVDM.EXE crashing in Windows 2000 SP3, Windows XP, with DJGPP 2.03 building vim

4. Help! Compiler problems

5. DOS Printing Under Windows 2000/XP

6. Wanted

7. How do I run a command line which is long in windows 2000

8. commands for evaluating elisp in emacs

9. windows 2000 command replacement

10. Long Delay When Printing From DOS in Windows'ME

11. Windows 2000 pre-released

12. 4NT and Windows 2000

13. remote debug stub and Windows 2000