Problem with setting variable for djgpp

Post by jrun.. » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

can someone help me this is driving me crazy!! Ok it says to put those two  lines in the autoexec.bat file.But for some odd reason it just isnt recognizing it and everytime i try to run gcc it says that fatal error in djgpp installation environment variable djgpp is not defined..

thanks

----------------------------------
Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com

Problem with setting variable for djgpp

Post by Alexei A. Frounz » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Did you reboot your computer after patching the batch file?

Btw, did you put them to correct autoexec.bat? There may be several autoexecs
(one for previous verion of DOS, one for Windows).

And if you system configuration has multiconfig menu, you should pu those 2
lines to the correct place.

Good Luck
Alexei A. Frounze
Homepage: http://alexfru.chat.ru
Mirror:   http://members.xoom.com/alexfru

> can someone help me this is driving me crazy!! Ok it says to put those two  lines in the autoexec.bat file.But for some odd reason it just isnt recognizing it and everytime i try to run gcc it says that fatal error in djgpp installation environment variable djgpp is not defined..

> thanks

> ----------------------------------
> Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com

Problem with setting variable for djgpp

Post by Manni Heuma » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>can someone help me this is driving me crazy!! Ok it says to put those two
> lines in the autoexec.bat file.But for some odd reason it just isnt
> recognizing it and everytime i try to run gcc it says that fatal error in
> djgpp installation environment variable djgpp is not defined..

>thanks

You should post those two lines. Please copy and paste them and don't type
them again. You should also post the output of the set-command: just type
set > somefile at the dos prompt. And tell us, which directory you installed
djgpp to.
There are several reasons for this kind of error, and the info you give just
isn't enough.

--

Manni

Problem with setting variable for djgpp

Post by jrun.. » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

where should i put that line at i see

Autoexec.~bk
Autoexec.001
Autoexec.002
Autoexec.bak
Autoexec batch file
Autoexec.dos
Autoexec.fx_
Autoexec.nav
Autoexec.old
Autoexec.syd

----------------------------------
Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com

Problem with setting variable for djgpp

Post by Damian Yerric » Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:05:50 +0400, "Alexei A. Frounze"

>Did you reboot your computer after patching the batch file?

>Btw, did you put them to correct autoexec.bat? There may be several autoexecs
>(one for previous verion of DOS, one for Windows).

In Windows 98, there is generally only one, and it is used no matter
what option you choose at the F8 menu (other than safe-mode Windows
(3) or safe-mode DOS (6)).  You can edit it by choosing Start > Run...
  notepad c:\autoexec.bat
Change `notepad' to `edit' if you use plain-DOS (option 5 at the
menu).

I still think that "set DJGPP=" problems can be solved if the
toolchain would assume (if %DJGPP% is not defined) that djgpp.env is
in the parent folder of the running GCC.

--
Damian Yerrick
"I refuse to listen to those who refuse to listen to reason."

This is McAfee VirusScan. Add these two lines to your signature to
prevent the spread of signature viruses.  http://www.mcafee.com/

Problem with setting variable for djgpp

Post by Damian Yerric » Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>where should i put that line at i see

>Autoexec.~bk
>Autoexec.001
>Autoexec.002
>Autoexec.bak
>Autoexec batch file
>Autoexec.dos
>Autoexec.fx_
>Autoexec.nav
>Autoexec.old
>Autoexec.syd

Most of those are backups of autoexec.bat, created when you installed
various programs.  Try this from the `command' prompt:
  C:\BLAH\BLAH\BLAH>cd \
  C:\>copy autoexec.bat execauto.bat
  C:\>del autoexec.*
  C:\>ren execauto.bat autoexec.bat
This will purge all the backups.

--

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>>where should i put that line at i see

>>Autoexec.~bk
>>Autoexec.001
>>Autoexec.002
>>Autoexec.bak
>>Autoexec batch file
>>Autoexec.dos
>>Autoexec.fx_
>>Autoexec.nav
>>Autoexec.old
>>Autoexec.syd

To the original poster: I propose you go into the settings of 'Folder
display' or whatever it's called, and toggle the switch that makes it
display the known filename extensions, too. It should have displayed
'Autoexec.bat | batch file' or so, instead of just 'Autoexec | batch
file'. That option is one of the stupidest things I've ever found in
Win9x, IMHO.

Quote:> Most of those are backups of autoexec.bat, created when you installed
> various programs.  Try this from the `command' prompt:
>   C:\BLAH\BLAH\BLAH>cd \
>   C:\>copy autoexec.bat execauto.bat
>   C:\>del autoexec.*

Bad idea. You've just broken his 'previous DOS version', if that was
still present and working. Autoexec.dos is the autoexec.bat that will
be used for that DOS, by renaming it during startup, and your proposal
deletes it.

1. `SET DJGPP = ...' defining a variable `DJGPP ' with space

int86 question.):-

However did that silly bug get into Messy-Dos and stay there through all these
years and versions!?!? Before any desktop computer was heard of, my university
had a mainframe whose operating system language decoder was `fascist' about
spaces and insisted on ONE space as a parameter separator, no more or less;
but I thought such nuisances had passed away long ago.

2. Questions about strstream methods str() and freeze()

3. DJGPP environment variable not set (please help)

4. PURE XXX QUALITY PICS 5712

5. gcc.exe: environment variable DJGPP points to corrupt file 'DJGPP=C:\DJGPP.ENV'

6. First step to setting up AD @ home with 3 PC's. What do I need to do?

7. install problems with djgpp environment variable

8. SA2 info needed?

9. setting up DJGPP to compile C++ after it is set up to compile C

10. problem DJGPP environmental variable

11. Problems with path-settings for djgpp under WINDOWS 95

12. Problems setting up djgpp

13. Problem setting up DJGPP V2