Open Watcom debbuger and a DOS/4GW error (2001): exception 0Dh (general protection fault)

Open Watcom debbuger and a DOS/4GW error (2001): exception 0Dh (general protection fault)

Post by juc » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:49:35

I would appreciate some help as this little problem is almost driving
me mad.

I just installed Open Watcom 1.0 and when trying to debug a simple
"Hello World!" application I get a
DOS/4GW error (2001): exception 0Dh (general protection fault) message
and my LapTop hangs, before I can even step or do anything in the
de*.

Details:
I installed the Open Watcom in my LapTop with Windows98 and I boot
with the "Command prompt only" option in to MS-DOS. The DOS4GW version
is 1.97. I tried the 2.01 but I have the same problem. I tried to boot
from a MS-DOS 6.22 installation and still have the same problem.

The applcation c code is a trivial:

#include <stdio.h>
void main()
{
    printf("Hello World!\n");

Quote:}

and the compile/link command line is:

    wcl386 -d2 -l=dos4g -bt=dos hello.c

I also tried to use the -hw and -hd options but the bad results
persisted.

the debug command line was

    wd /tr=rsi hello.exe

I tried to make a remote debug via the serial line running on the
target(laptop) a

    serserv /tr=rsi

and on my W2K machine where I also installed Open Watcom

    wdw /tr=ser hello.exe

and still the same problem occurs.

Anyone has a clue why I am getting this?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Open Watcom debbuger and a DOS/4GW error (2001): exception 0Dh (general protection fault)

Post by Emmanuel Delahay » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:22:23

Quote:> The applcation c code is a trivial:

> #include <stdio.h>
> void main()
> {
>     printf("Hello World!\n");
> }

I don't know if it will solve your problem, but better to start with a
conforming C-program:

#include <stdio.h>
int main ()
{
   printf ("Hello World!\n");
   return 0;

Quote:}

<blank line>

Post by juc » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:41:03

> > The applcation c code is a trivial:

> > #include <stdio.h>
> > void main()
> > {
> >     printf("Hello World!\n");
> > }

> I don't know if it will solve your problem, but better to start with a
> conforming C-program:

> #include <stdio.h>
> int main ()
> {
>    printf ("Hello World!\n");
>    return 0;
> }

Still same problems, no changes.... Anyone else has any clues?

Post by Emmanuel Delahay » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:06:06

>> > The applcation c code is a trivial:

>> > #include <stdio.h>
>> > void main()
>> > {
>> >     printf("Hello World!\n");
>> > }

>> I don't know if it will solve your problem, but better to start with a
>> conforming C-program:

>> #include <stdio.h>
>> int main ()
>> {
>>    printf ("Hello World!\n");
>>    return 0;
>> }

> Still same problems, no changes.... Anyone else has any clues?

Try a simpler program (no I/O invovled)

int main ()
{
   return 0;

Quote:}

<blank line>

Post by Robert Riebisc » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:06:36

> Still same problems, no changes.... Anyone else has any clues?

Go to news.openwatcom.org and subscribe to openwatcom.contributors or
openwatcom.users.c_cpp.

--
Robert Riebisch
Bitte NUR in der Newsgroup antworten!

Open Watcom debbuger and a DOS/4GW error (2001): exception 0Dh (general protection fault)

Post by Alex » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:26:41

Cant debug a 32 Bit protected mode program unless the de* supports it.
De* would need to be running in 32 Bit Pmode as well.

Al.

> > > The applcation c code is a trivial:

> > > #include <stdio.h>
> > > void main()
> > > {
> > >     printf("Hello World!\n");
> > > }

> > I don't know if it will solve your problem, but better to start with a
> > conforming C-program:

> > #include <stdio.h>
> > int main ()
> > {
> >    printf ("Hello World!\n");
> >    return 0;
> > }

> Still same problems, no changes.... Anyone else has any clues?

1. Dos/4WG error (2001):exception 0E (page fault)

I get the following error message while trying to start a particular game(
Wmania) :-
"DOS/4GW error (2001): exception 0Eh (page fault) at 237:832012d8
TSF32: prev_tsf32 5290
Crash address (unrelocated)=1:000792d8"
Strangely sometimes the program starts up correctly. What could be the
problem?

2. resolution on regular 4x6 prints

3. Watcom WOES, WTF is DOS4g Error 2001, Page Fault ?

4. DCE/DFS as a NOS?

5. dos/4gw v.1.96 professional error (2001)

6. Stargate Asgard robot

7. DOS/4GW Professional Error (2001)

8. BONJOUR J'AI BESOIN D'AIDE

9. general protection fault error (fwd)

10. general protection fault error

11. Error General Fault Protection on quit???

12. Run error: "Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV General Protection Fault at eip=000058dc ........"

13. Error General Fault Protection on quit???