<<<*<< HOW TO DISKCOPY Without Swapping diskettes >>*>>>

<<<*<< HOW TO DISKCOPY Without Swapping diskettes >>*>>>

Post by hmazh » Fri, 18 Mar 1994 14:47:56

Hi all,
   How can I diskcopy diskettes without actually swapping diskettes atleast
2-3 times...I saw it on a friend's machine, but have no clue on how to
do it...

Thanks a bunch...

<<<*<< HOW TO DISKCOPY Without Swapping diskettes >>*>>>

Post by Teik T » Fri, 25 Mar 1994 07:16:34

Quote:>   How can I diskcopy diskettes without actually swapping diskettes atleast
>2-3 times...I saw it on a friend's machine, but have no clue on how to
>do it...

If you have windows, then do diskcopy in FileManager.
If no windows, then get a shareware program that would do diskcopy one pass.
If too lazy to get shareware program, then write a batch file:

rem This is a one pass diskcopy program
echo Insert source disk...
pause
deltree /y c:\temp
md c:\temp
xcopy /s /e a:\*.* c:\temp
echo Insert target disk...
pause
xcopy /s /e c:\temp\*.* a:\
rem Note that this program doesn't copy hidden files.
rem It also doesn't copy volume label.
rem In short, this program is a one-pass file copy program.

--
Teik Leong Tan                | To excel, one would have to work hard.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln| To succeed, one would have to work smart.

Post by MEINERTZHAGEN FREDER » Fri, 25 Mar 1994 22:59:14

[...]

: --
: Teik Leong Tan                | To excel, one would have to work hard.
: University of Nebraska-Lincoln| To succeed, one would have to work smart.

Or if you haven't have a c-drive you could make a ritual one, by using
ramdrive.sys on the dos-disk.

Fred.

1. <><><> DELETING VARIABLES <><><>

I have a recursive function. I have a "static" variable in this function,
because the function is called many times, and also because the value shouldn't
change after the first time set. I would like to know how to delete this
variable, after I'm finished using it. The variable is an integer (if it
matters?!?). I am programming in C++, DOS (TC++ 3.0). Also, can a local static
variable be deleted by a different function, i.e. main() ?

Rob

2. Changing env. var. within windows

3. ><><><>< 4DOS.COM - SIZE ><><><><

4. VideoCD decoding

5. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

6. Adjtime() & xntpd ... what's going on?

7. How to "Echo >>>><<<<" ???

8. MSVC++ 1.5 hangs on building 'hello'

9. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

10. ><><><>< 4DOS.COM - S

11. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

12. HELP>>>>Why wouldn't dos boot?<<<<HELP

13. >>>>WIZARD>>> How do read VAX/VMS files on a PC <<<WIZARD<<<<