I need Ctrl-Ins in BC 3.1 again

Post by Ondrej 'Andy' Brabl » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm sorry writing this again, but I really need to use Ctrl-Ins and
Ctrl-Del. There must be hundreds of you who make it work for copying
in editors. I want also make work Alt-Space. Would some of you be so
kind and help me? I have TV 1.0 source and I can change it - just say
me what and how.

 Andy

 Ondrej 'Andy' Brablc  < http://manes.vse.cz/~xbrao01 >

I need Ctrl-Ins in BC 3.1 again

Post by Erling Jacobs » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,
>I'm sorry writing this again, but I really need to use Ctrl-Ins and
>Ctrl-Del. There must be hundreds of you who make it work for copying
>in editors. I want also make work Alt-Space. Would some of you be so
>kind and help me? I have TV 1.0 source and I can change it - just say
>me what and how.

What do you need Ctrl-Ins etc. to do ???? Once you have thought that
through, it should be easy to override a few handleEvent() functions
here and there (which can be done without changing the TV 1.0 source
itself) and check for Ctrl-whatever, followed by suitable actions
if they occur.

I need Ctrl-Ins in BC 3.1 again

Post by Ondrej 'Andy' Brabl » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> >I'm sorry writing this again, but I really need to use Ctrl-Ins and
> >Ctrl-Del. There must be hundreds of you who make it work for copying
> >in editors. I want also make work Alt-Space. Would some of you be so
> >kind and help me? I have TV 1.0 source and I can change it - just say
> >me what and how.

> What do you need Ctrl-Ins etc. to do ???? Once you have thought that
> through, it should be easy to override a few handleEvent() functions
> here and there (which can be done without changing the TV 1.0 source
> itself) and check for Ctrl-whatever, followed by suitable actions
> if they occur.

I'm quite experienced in using TV. The only thing I need to do is to
make handleEvent() to handle kbCtrlIns. This constant is defined, but
no part of my program (I tried to catch pressed key right after
TProgram::getEvent()) can catch it. I need Ctrl-Ins for inserting
into some database and Ctrl-Del for deleting. Everything else works
fine (I mean Ctrl- Home, End, PgUp, PgDn). You cannot recognize
pressed Ctrl-Ins by readkey as well as you can recognize Ctrl-Home,
it doesn't produce any keycode. I've got help from one of you and it
says that I should redefine SYSINT.ASM. But I'm not assembly
programmer, I know nothing about this. Is there someone who made
Ctrl-Ins work able to send me SYSINT.ASM or what he can done. Or try
to compile editor examples from Borland (it also does not work).

Thank in advance

 Andy

PS: There must be some solution because BC 3.1 uses Ctrl-Ins for
copying. And I believe that there is so much people with better
skills in TV that one of them could give me an advice.

Post by Ondrej 'Andy' Brabl » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I'm sorry writing this again, but I really need to use Ctrl-Ins and
> Ctrl-Del. There must be hundreds of you who make it work for copying
> in editors. I want also make work Alt-Space. Would some of you be so
> kind and help me? I have TV 1.0 source and I can change it - just say
> me what and how.

>  Andy

>  Ondrej 'Andy' Brablc  < http://manes.vse.cz/~xbrao01 >

You are so stupid Andy,

try to leave IDE when program is compiled, then it works fine.
I apologize to all you. My thanks to Roman Khvatov.

 Andy

 Ondrej 'Andy' Brablc  < http://manes.vse.cz/~xbrao01 >

1. Trapping Ctrl-Alt-Del and Ctrl-Alt-Ins

I'm currently programming a keyboard controller which requires trapping
of Ctrl-Alt-Del (any machine) and Ctrl-Alt-Ins (Zenith).

Must I grab int09h and write my own keyboard interrupt handler, or is
there an easier way?  If the handler is necessary, how difficult will
it be (I suppose this implicitly asks "What does the normal handler
do?")?

jeff

2. PRINTING TRIPLICATE

3. Fw: Bison and [f]lexical tie-ins

4. WTB: Scanner Motor for LX Engine

5. Switch to COMMAND.COM ins

6. load a different bitmap

7. Plug-ins......?

8. Standby

9. Bison and [f]lexical tie-ins

10. Help needed in BC++ 3.1 IDE heap problem

11. Need HELP accessing physical memory from Windows 3.1/BC++ 4.0

12. Help needed on Clearviewport (BC++ 3.1)

13. Need help, huge arrays in BC 3.1