DJGPP under DR-Opendos 7.02 running under Linux Dosemu

DJGPP under DR-Opendos 7.02 running under Linux Dosemu

Post by Mike McLea » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am having a problem compiling C++ files with DJGPP under dosemu and
Opendos 7.02.  I can compile C programs just fine.  The strange thing is
everything was fine before I installed opendos.  I used to be able to
compile c++ programs just fine under win 95 on the same drive that
Dosemu uses.  I have everything set up according to the readme.1st I
believe.  The main thing is whenever I invoke gxx it says ld.exe can't
find crt0.o.  Here is my autoexec.bat

PATH C:\OPENDOS;C:\;C:\DJC;C:\DJC\BIN;C:\DJC\LIB;c:\windows;
set djgpp=c:\djc\djgpp.env
rem EMM386 PIC=ON
rem DPMI OFF
VERIFY OFF
rem PROMPT [OpenDOS] $P$G
rem SET OPENDOSCFG=C:\OPENDOS

Thanks.

Mike.

Post by Nate Eldredg » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I am having a problem compiling C++ files with DJGPP under dosemu and
>Opendos 7.02.  I can compile C programs just fine.  The strange thing is
>everything was fine before I installed opendos.  I used to be able to
>compile c++ programs just fine under win 95 on the same drive that
>Dosemu uses.  I have everything set up according to the readme.1st I
>believe.  The main thing is whenever I invoke gxx it says ld.exe can't
>find crt0.o.  Here is my autoexec.bat

>PATH C:\OPENDOS;C:\;C:\DJC;C:\DJC\BIN;C:\DJC\LIB;c:\windows;
>set djgpp=c:\djc\djgpp.env
>rem EMM386 PIC=ON
>rem DPMI OFF
>VERIFY OFF
>rem PROMPT [OpenDOS] $P$G
>rem SET OPENDOSCFG=C:\OPENDOS

Is it possible that this doesn't actually run? Check the contents of the
environment (`SET') and check that the appropriate environment variables are
there. Also, sanity check, DJGPP really *is* in `c:\djc', right?

Nate Eldredge

DJGPP under DR-Opendos 7.02 running under Linux Dosemu

Post by Perry.Fect.. » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:20:12 -0800 (PST), Nate Eldredge

>>I am having a problem compiling C++ files with DJGPP under dosemu and
>>Opendos 7.02.  I can compile C programs just fine.  The strange thing is
>>everything was fine before I installed opendos.  I used to be able to
>>compile c++ programs just fine under win 95 on the same drive that
>>Dosemu uses.  I have everything set up according to the readme.1st I
>>believe.  The main thing is whenever I invoke gxx it says ld.exe can't
>>find crt0.o.  Here is my autoexec.bat

>>PATH C:\OPENDOS;C:\;C:\DJC;C:\DJC\BIN;C:\DJC\LIB;c:\windows;
>>set djgpp=c:\djc\djgpp.env
>>rem EMM386 PIC=ON
>>rem DPMI OFF
>>VERIFY OFF
>>rem PROMPT [OpenDOS] $P$G
>>rem SET OPENDOSCFG=C:\OPENDOS
>Is it possible that this doesn't actually run? Check the contents of the
>environment (`SET') and check that the appropriate environment variables are
>there. Also, sanity check, DJGPP really *is* in `c:\djc', right?

>Nate Eldredge

i've had the same problems.  my set variable looks okay.  if i compile
from rhide it works.  but from the command line, i get that same
error.  this is from opendos not under linux.  i haven't been able to
figure it out.

---------------------http://w3.nai.net/~perfecto--------------------------
Perry Fecteau, Republican
The new pages go up January 1,1998  *** POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ***
---------------------http://w3.nai.net/~perfecto--------------------------

1. diff and opendos 7.02 bug

I ran diff four times on this system and couldn't run it a fifth time.
The diff comes as part of the djgpp distribution.
I have three older files in c:\commo.
Those are commo.fon commo.mac and commo.set.
I have three files in the c:\commo\beta directory with identical names.
I wanted settings from the files in c:\commo to migrate over to
c:\commo\beta files with identical names.
I tried the following commands.
d:\djgpp\bin\diff -c c:\commo\beta\commo.fon c:\commo\commo.fon
that command produced a dif file.  I don't know if that file will help me
move my existing phone numbers over onto the beta version of the file
once patch is run.
Before that command was executed, the commands:
diff -u c:\commo\commo.fon c:\commo\beta\commo.on >commo1.dif <cr>
diff -u c:\commo\commo.mac c:\commo\beta\commo.mac
diff -u c:\commo\commo.set c:\commo\beta\commo.set >commo3.dif <cr>
patch c:\commo\commo1.dif <cr>

were tried.
The djgpp patch command appeared to get "Lost In Space" and so I deleted
the .dif files already made and tried
that reversed command shown above.
When I tried the command:
d:\djgpp\bin\diff -c c:\commo\beta\commo.mac c:\commo\commo.mac
all that would come back was command not recognized.

Possibly memory got exhausted for some reason I don't know.
I had to power down and reboot the system.

One suggestion for the diff documentation on its revision would be to
include the commands that did
each one of the diff operations and produced the dif files in the
examples.
That way users could see real live syntax in action along with its
associated output.

2. Toshiba 3501 CDRom & Controller

3. OpenDOS 7.02

4. Setting workstation times accross time zones

5. Running OLD djgpp program on Linux's DOSEMU

6. how to access netscape directory service

7. Symbios Logic ASPI drivers hate Caldera DR-DOS 7.02

8. cash.dsk file size limits

9. OpenDOS, Linux and DOSEMU

10. DR-OpenDOS, DJGPP, multitasking

11. DJGPP under Linux DOSEMU or Wine

12. ?Tutorial: DJGPP under DOSEMU/LINUX

13. Use DJGPP-compiler in Linux's MSDOS-box ( dosemu ).