textbackground help

Post by John Tobi » Sun, 19 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I thought that this fucntion would make the whole background the color I
wanted..how do I make the whole program background the color I want?

Mike

textbackground help

Post by Prashant T » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I thought that this fucntion would make the whole background the color I
> wanted..how do I make the whole program background the color I want?

Use textbackground and then clrscr(). If you don't want to clrscr(), you can
write to the video memory directly.

1. Help with C function 'TEXTBACKGROUND()' problem please.

Hi all. Can someone help?

I'm teaching myelf C with a book (by Wrox) and Borland Turbo C++ 3.0 for dos. I want to
do a text based title box. So I'm drawing one box (out of rows of spaces) slightly offset
in black as the shadow, and another centrally in a colour. Red in fact.

My program draws both boxes, where I wwant them, but a second call to
textbackground(RED) doesn't take effect. Both boxes are written in black. I've traced the
execution and it follows the path I expected. It \does\ call textbackground() the second time.
It just prints in black still. But WHY? Anyone know? I can post source if asked.

Thanks.

Mic.

2. testing test software

3. ....................BIOS Problems ? HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

4. Special Server Upgrades...

5. HELP HELP HELP

6. missing mcypyhe.exe file

7. HELP HELP HELP PART 2

8. 1 page "article" - Company description

9. help help help,dos 6.0 chaos

10. help, Help HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. HELP, Seeking Borland C++ SVGA Drivers !!!! HELP, HELP!

12. Reel Magic MPEG HELP HELP HELP !!

13. interrupts, memory, etc. HELP..HELP..HELP!