I'm using a bunch of legacy applications that refer (through LAN
Manager) to remote file servers as drives D: and E:.
Loading some of the applications on RAM disk improves the applications
But when I load RAMdisk from Config.sys, the RAMdisk installs itself as
drive D: (the next available drive after C:). If so the "hard coded" D:
and E: drives that are refered by the applications do not represents the
appropriate file servers anymore.
1. Are there any RAMdisk utilities that let you select the drive
to be used? Where can I find them?
2. Is the source for such RAMdisk utility available?
3. Is there such a commercial RAMdisk utility?
I was told that there are utilities that let you load any driver from
the autoexec.bat. If so I can load the RAMdisk after the LAN Manager
commands that set the above drives D: and E:.
4. Where can I find such a utility that loads drivers?
5. Is it safe and reliable method that can be used for a critical
6. Is the source for the utility available?
7. Is there such a commercial utility?
8. Any other suggestion w\how can I deal with the above problem?