Selecting the RAMdisk's drive; Loading drivers in autoexec.bat

Selecting the RAMdisk's drive; Loading drivers in autoexec.bat

Post by Eitan Froumin » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

G'day,
I'm using a bunch of legacy applications that refer (through LAN
Manager) to remote file servers as drives  D: and E:.
performance.
But when I load RAMdisk from Config.sys, the RAMdisk installs itself as
drive D: (the next available drive after C:).  If so the "hard coded" D:
and E: drives that are refered by the applications do not represents the
appropriate file servers anymore.

1. Are there any RAMdisk utilities that let you select the drive
to be used? Where can I find them?
2. Is the source for such RAMdisk utility available?
3. Is there such a commercial RAMdisk utility?

I was told that there are utilities that let you load any driver from
the autoexec.bat.  If so I can load the RAMdisk after the LAN Manager
commands that set the above drives  D: and E:.

4. Where can I find such a utility that loads drivers?
5. Is it safe and reliable method that can be used for a critical
mission application?
6. Is the source for the utility available?
7. Is there such a commercial utility?

8. Any other suggestion w\how can I deal with the above problem?

Regards

Post by Eitan Froumin » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00

[...]

the articles from comp.os.msdos.programmer are removed from my ISP's
news server before I have the chance to read them.

Regards

Selecting the RAMdisk's drive; Loading drivers in autoexec.bat

Post by mark » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

hello,

i am also interested in other drivers which create RAM disks.

if you know of any RAM disk drivers that allows greater than 32MB as a
maximum partition, could you drop me a line?

thanks

Dear newsgroup,

i have in mind that i read something about a command that comes with
win98 that enables you to load the .sys drivers (what has to be done in
config.sys normally) after config.sys has been processed. But i can not
remember the name.

What i want to do is to ask the user about its machine first and then
load the appropriate cdrom and network drivers.

Thanx, c.

____________________

Christian Verbeek    \    http://ais.gmd.de/~verbeek
Bergstrasse 18a       \   phone: +49 2241 142404
53757 Sankt Augustin   \         +49 2241 333041
Germany                 \___________________________

2. Simatic S5 et S7

3. Multiple 'path' line in autoexec.bat

4. Ultra FAST & UNCENSORED USENET, 20K Conferences--> http://www.net-link/news.html, Fast Servers, T-3 and OC3 Access, No time limits

5. How do I extend 'PATH' in autoexec.bat

6. Cheap&Easy M68HC11 or HC24 kit

7. Tail Circuit modems needed

8. 4DOS 5.0B not loading AUTOEXEC.BAT

9. Load CONFIG.SYS drivers after in Autoexec.Bat?

10. AUTOEXEC.BAT Loading Problem

11. Deleting Device Driver from autoexec.bat from high memory

12. My CONFIG.SYS menu can't communicate with AUTOEXEC.BAT