Help finding how much free space is on HD???????

Help finding how much free space is on HD???????

Post by nol.. » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I'm a newbie and I'm trying to make a small program which simply displays
the amount of free space on my hard drive.  But all my manuals and books
keep jabbering about is RAM!  I'm goin' nuts!!  Somebody please help me.
If you know how to access HD info please e-mail me at:

...or leave me message in this NG.

Thank you kindly!

Post by Alexander J. Russe » Tue, 05 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I'm a newbie and I'm trying to make a small program which simply displays
>the amount of free space on my hard drive.  But all my manuals and books
>keep jabbering about is RAM!  I'm goin' nuts!!  Somebody please help me.
>If you know how to access HD info please e-mail me at:

>...or leave me message in this NG.

>Thank you kindly!

Wel if using orland C try getdfree() or DOS int21h func36h
dl = drive number (0 for default, 1 for A 2 for B etc...)

returns AX sectors per cluster
BX free clusters
CX bytes per sector
DX Total number of clusters (free and used)
The AnArChIsT - Anarchy! NOT Chaos! aka Alex Russell

1. Help finding how much free space is on HD

Hi !

This probably won't help you a lot, because I guess you're looking for
some programming hints and not for a piece of software. Anyway, a
programm that just displays the amount of diskspace free/used already
exists and its called b.exe (or is it b.com ?). I can give you some
detailed info, if you like.

Greetings

Heiner

2. SQL brainteaser..FUN!

3. How to find out how much slack space on HD

4. Changing the sync rate of Indigo?

5. finding free disk space

6. Microsoft Home Page Format in FrontPage 2000

7. Mysterious HD space loss, help!

8. Namespace and Linkage

9. FAT32 extended free space help

10. Free Env. Space (HELP)

11. I need to find the center of a triangle in 3D space, help!

12. help with: dir0001.<space><space>0000.00

13. .BTM to save hd space...