freeDOS - problem setting COM1: parameters

freeDOS - problem setting COM1: parameters

Post by Mark Ar » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 10:57:56

Hi All,

I am playing with FreeDOS and can't find the equivalent command to MODE in MS-DOS.

    E.G. MODE COM1:96,n,8,1,p.

Any ideas how do I do this using freeDOS ?

Thanks,

Mark.

Post by Robert Riebisc » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:32:19

> I am playing with FreeDOS and can't find the equivalent command to MODE in MS-DOS.

There is MODE 1.0.4 from K. Heidenstrom.

Quote:>     E.G. MODE COM1:96,n,8,1,p.

"mode com1:96,n,8,1" should work.

--
Robert Riebisch
Bitte NUR in der Newsgroup antworten!

1. Help needed to set DTR for com1:

Hello, can anyone please help me with the following problem:
    I want to use serial port com1: on PC to detect the status of an
    external switch, so I wrote the following code(Borland C) to set
    DTR and RTS to 1 and then back to 0 upon a keystroke.  As you know,
    this doesn't work, so tell me why, Please. (I measured no voltage
    change on these two pins)

Thanks in advance.

Jianhong Wang

/*  An unsuccessful Borland C code  dealing with com1: (with 9 pins)  */

    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <conio.h>

    void main(void)
    {
         unsigned portid=0x3fc;
         outp(portid, 3);
         getch();
         outp(portid, 0);
    }

2. JASON A SELLOUT?

3. <FreeDOS> How do I format my HDD with FreeDOS beta 3?

4. Sensible World Of Soccer Not Working Anymore

5. setting keyboard layout on Freedos

6. Mode X - speed disadvantage?

7. Anyone here ever set up FreeDOS?

8. FS PP pkg. price lowered for quick sell

9. ? on how to set EMM386 parameter

10. Copy to COM1 problem

11. Omnibook 600C COM1 problem. Help sought

12. Problem MSDOS <-> COM1&2 TSR

13. DOS (5.0) COM1 port problems (Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail)