DJGPP & LFNs

Post by Wayn » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to do a few Win32 ports of some DOS stuff I had some time
back.

I converted these to LFN but I have found that DJGPP does not like LFNs.
I have tried GNU-Win32 but it only crashed or totally froze up.

Has anyone patched DJGPP to support LFNs?

----------
I am currently attempting to further my Employment

http://www.powerup.com.au/~wjackson

DJGPP & LFNs

Post by A. Sinan Unu » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Has anyone patched DJGPP to support LFNs?

djgpp supports long filenames under an os that supports them. to turn
the support on, set +LFN=y in your djgpp.env file. search the faq for
lfn for lfn related issues.
--
   Sinan

 A. Sinan Unur                                WWWWWW
                                              |--O+O

 http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/asu1/     \  ~/

DJGPP & LFNs

Post by Eli Zaretski » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> I converted these to LFN but I have found that DJGPP does not like LFNs.

> Has anyone patched DJGPP to support LFNs?

DJGPP supports LFN automatically.  You don't need to do anything to get
this support except (maybe) setting LFN=y in the environment.  After
that, any file-oriented library function (like `open', `findfirst',
`stat', `opendir' etc.) will automatically support long file names.

If you still have problems, please ask specific questions.  Posting short
programs that don't seem to work together with the questions is the most
effective way to get efficient help here.

DJGPP & LFNs

Post by Eli Zaretski » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>  Eli> DJGPP supports LFN automatically.

> Depends on the OS...as far as DJGPP is concerned NT (4.0, at least)
> appears to be DOS 5.50 (or something like that), and the DPMI INT to get
> long filename info doesn't appear to be supported.

LFN is only supported when it is available.  That is the meaning of
the word ``automatically'' in my message.  NT doesn't make the LFN API
available to DOS programs, so in that sense it is the same as plain
DOS.  Which means LFN is unavailable to DJGPP programs on NT.  (The
DJGPP FAQ says so as well, btw.)

1. !(DJGPP && CGI && SAMBA)??

I really can't understand what's happening here. Maybe someone else
can.

I'm using DJGPP to develop a CGI system that do some math calculations
and should return some values. It isn't complicated at all and it's compiling
and linking without any problems and also runs ok in command line. but when
I try to run it as a CGI program Samba reports that there is no output from
CGI. What surprise me after some tests is that there is really no output at
all and it's exiting with errorcode 1. After that I used Cygwin to compile
exactly the same code and it's working fine.

Could it be a DPMI problem inside Win98???

Could it be a DJGPP bug? Maybe a bug in my brain? :-)

Gustavo Niemeyer

2. WTB: SGI Indigo or Indigo2

3. DJGPP/LFNs/DOSEMU

4. Outlook Web Access problem

5. Allegro && DEGUI && edittext_object && problems...

6. Forms performance [need help!]

7. 2 questions : icon & djgpp, kde dev & djgpp

8. Nemonix

9. (광고) IMT-2000 ??????? ????.@

10. Cntrl-C && Open Files && BCC 4.5x

11. DOS4GW &&\|| ( EMM386 || QEMM ) &&\|| NULLP = crash !

12. Need help: Watcom C && DOS4GW && Critical error handler --> stack overflow