Dosemu .66.7 and DJGPP + RHIDE 1.3C

Post by Mike McLea » Mon, 29 Sep 1997 04:00:00

How do I get DJGPP as well as RHIDE to run under dosemu, I have disabled
dpmi, but CWSDPMi won't run, saying something about protected mode not
accessible.  I am using Redhat Linux 4.2

Please  help me

Mike.

PS. respond via email please.

Post by Xavier Plasenci » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> How do I get DJGPP as well as RHIDE to run under dosemu, I have
> disabled

You need to enable it.  DOSEMU uses it's own DPMI.  CWSDPMI is just for
DOS systems that do not have CWSDPMI.  So CWSDPMI will not work for
DOSEMU.

Quote:> dpmi, but CWSDPMi won't run, saying something about protected mode not
> accessible.  I am using Redhat Linux 4.2

You need to be a little more specific about what is not working.
If nothing is working it was probably because you disabled DMPI.
However I too am having problems with RHIDE under linux.  I cannot
get the RHIDE to link the crt0.o file with the source.
Quote:> Please  help me

> Mike.

> PS. respond via email please.

Dosemu .66.7 and DJGPP + RHIDE 1.3C

Post by Eli Zaretski » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> How do I get DJGPP as well as RHIDE to run under dosemu, I have disabled
> dpmi, but CWSDPMi won't run, saying something about protected mode not
> accessible.

This is shooting at your own feet: you disable DPMI, but DJGPP cannot
possibly run without DPMI services.  And CWSDPMI won't work on Linux
because Linux has already put the CPU into protected mode.

You really need the DPMI services that are built into DOSEmu.  Why did
you turn them off?  If there's some problem with it, you need to solve
it, since you cannot replace the DOSEmu DPMI.

Did you try the advice in section 3.4 of the DJGPP FAQ list?

Post by Orlando Andic » Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> How do I get DJGPP as well as RHIDE to run under dosemu, I have disabled
> dpmi, but CWSDPMi won't run, saying something about protected mode not
> accessible.  I am using Redhat Linux 4.2

> Please  help me

> Mike.

> PS. respond via email please.

In /etc/dosemu.conf you have to set "Secure Off"

Orlando Alcantara Andico

ICBM:  14 30 00 N  120 59 00 E               POTS:  (+632) 932-2385

Post by Stefano Brozz » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> > How do I get DJGPP as well as RHIDE to run under dosemu, I have
> > disabled

> You need to enable it.  DOSEMU uses it's own DPMI.  CWSDPMI is just for
> DOS systems that do not have CWSDPMI.  So CWSDPMI will not work for
> DOSEMU.

> > dpmi, but CWSDPMi won't run, saying something about protected mode not
> > accessible.  I am using Redhat Linux 4.2

> You need to be a little more specific about what is not working.
> If nothing is working it was probably because you disabled DMPI.
> However I too am having problems with RHIDE under linux.  I cannot
> get the RHIDE to link the crt0.o file with the source.

uh, strange answer.
Mr Xavier Plasencia wrote some days ago to me asking to solve
a problem, I answered as kind as possible to put in his
/etc/dosemu.conf the keyword 'rawkeyboard' in the
keyboard configuration.

mag00 is my mail,news,http server. Now I see that he has a real
address and his organization deserves some respect (hope it is
true, this time).
I want to guess it was a typing error that strange address, and
nothing else.
BTW, as pointed by others, Mike McLean should put 'secure off'
(but please read documentation before doing that!)

        have a nice day
        Stefano

1. DJGPP binaries obsolete for dosemu 0.66?

Hi all,

I used to use DJGPP v2.01 under Linux dosemu 0.64.1, which works
perfectly.
Recently I updated dosemu to version 0.66.4, under which DJGPP no longer
works. Every executable file in the package or any of v2gnu provokes
invariably the following message:

DPMI: Unhandled Execption 0d - Terminating Client
It is likely that dosemu is unstable now and should be rebooted

then exits.

I am using RedHat linux 4.2, with kernel 2.0.30. I tried to compile
dosemu
with or without vm86plus, versions 0.66.2, 0.67.3, everytime it is the
same
phenomenon. However programs compiled by DJGPP continue to work fine
under
all these versions of dosemu.

I suspect that the DJGPP binaries are calling dpmi services in a way
which
are no longer supported by the newest versions of dosemu. Similar
problem
appeared for emtex when I update dosemu from 0.64 to 0.66, but updating
to a
newest version of emx/rsx solved the problem.

Does anyone else has the same experience? Does it mean that we should
recompile DJGPP binaries? Or is it simply a bug in dosemu?

2. Configuring Canon BJC-4550 on Win2K

3. Bug in rhide 1.3c (tracing with F7)

4. voip_rtcp_stats_req

5. Robert Hoehne --> What happened to Rhide 1.3c ?

6. How to Enable "Secure Socket Layer" for Inbox

7. Problems with Rhide 1.3c

8. Expiring a program.

9. For DOSEMU users - djgpp and ^C troubles

10. DJGPP, DOSEmu and IPX

11. DJGPP under Linux DOSEMU or Wine

12. dosemu & djgpp

13. running DJGPP programs in DOSEMU?