DOS-Script to FTP a file over the SOCKS Server.....

DOS-Script to FTP a file over the SOCKS Server.....

Post by RSB » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:29:46

Hi Everyone,

i need to write a DOS-Script to FTP a file to an External Server from our
network using SOCKS Server. Right now i use Reflection FTP Client and i have
set my Sock server there. But this is a manual process so i need to convert
this to a Automated process.  Preferably a DOS based process.
Now i use the following script in a DOS Batch file to FTP the file to one of
our internal Server...

open myserver.com
user anonymous anonymous
ascii
cd pub
put test.dat  test.dat
quit

please help me with this.

Thanks
RSB

DOS-Script to FTP a file over the SOCKS Server.....

Post by Charles Kincai » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:18:09

Quote:> Hi Everyone,

> i need to write a DOS-Script to FTP a file to an External Server from
> our network using SOCKS Server. Right now i use Reflection FTP Client
> and i have set my Sock server there. But this is a manual process so i
> need to convert this to a Automated process.  Preferably a DOS based
> process. Now i use the following script in a DOS Batch file to FTP the
> file to one of our internal Server...

> open myserver.com
> user anonymous anonymous
> ascii
> cd pub
> put test.dat  test.dat
> quit

> please help me with this.

> Thanks
> RSB

Put these commands into a text file called c:\ftpcommand.txt
open myserver.com
user anonymous anonymous
ascii
cd pub
put test.dat  test.dat
quit

Next we will asume that your FTP program is called DOSFTP.EXE and is in
the COMMANDS directory. Now make c:\sendftp.bat with the following line:
C:\COMMANDS\DOSFTP <c:\ftpcommand.txt

This will run your program feeding in those command lines.  This all
asumes that your program is well behaved.

--
ATB

Charles Kincaid

DOS-Script to FTP a file over the SOCKS Server.....

Post by RSB » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:22:24

Hi Charles,
That does work and i been using that.. but what happens if i need to do FTP
over the socks serve?
please help me with that.
Thanks
Rupinder

Quote:> Hi Everyone,

> i need to write a DOS-Script to FTP a file to an External Server from
> our network using SOCKS Server. Right now i use Reflection FTP Client
> and i have set my Sock server there. But this is a manual process so i
> need to convert this to a Automated process.  Preferably a DOS based
> process. Now i use the following script in a DOS Batch file to FTP the
> file to one of our internal Server...

> open myserver.com
> user anonymous anonymous
> ascii
> cd pub
> put test.dat  test.dat
> quit

> please help me with this.

> Thanks
> RSB

Put these commands into a text file called c:\ftpcommand.txt
open myserver.com
user anonymous anonymous
ascii
cd pub
put test.dat  test.dat
quit

Next we will asume that your FTP program is called DOSFTP.EXE and is in
the COMMANDS directory. Now make c:\sendftp.bat with the following line:
C:\COMMANDS\DOSFTP <c:\ftpcommand.txt

This will run your program feeding in those command lines.  This all
asumes that your program is well behaved.

--
ATB

Charles Kincaid

1. Batch File Running A DOS FTP Script

I am trying to run a batch file that connects via FTP to a MACOS server
and retrieves a number of files.
Everything seems to work fine except for the 'mget' command.  The 'mget'
command does not allow you to give it any kind of file mask.  This
prevents us from retrieving multiple files of a certain type from this
remote server.

Anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks,
Christian

2. ZHDBackup fragment

3. Passing %1 from cmd file to ftp script

4. independant loop with XSLT ?

5. oakftp - A Unix shell script to auto-ftp msdos files from OAK ...

6. GUI newsletter

7. new additions FTP server >>> .txt file ?

8. I need help with FuzzyCLIPS, fuzzification

9. Looking for ftp script, to transfer files from windows machine to linux

10. Looking for a single threaded WATTCP & DOS FTP server.

11. FTP server for DOS...

12. Background FTP Server for DOS

13. Connecting to an FTP server through DOS