Is there anyway to use the discrition.ion as an index file for ftp????

Is there anyway to use the discrition.ion as an index file for ftp????

Post by Serv » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Well as stated above.  If not it should be on the wish list...:)

                        Servo....

Post by Spo » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Well as stated above.  If not it should be on the wish list...:)
>                    Servo....

Well...  if there is not a util out, SOMEONE should write it!!!

-Spot

Post by Sandro Manci » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: Well as stated above.  If not it should be on the wish list...:)

Doesn't 4DOS 5.51 allow you to choose an alternate name for
DESCRIPT.ION? Try INDEX or 00INDEX (so that it stays at the top). If
there is a choice for an alternate name, that should do the trick,
since INDEX files and DESCRIPT.ION apparently are the same: text files
containing the files' names followed by a description.

Sandro Campos Mancini  | "I may not agree with a word you say, but I shall

San Francisco - CA     |                        - Voltaire

Is there anyway to use the discrition.ion as an index file for ftp????

Post by Serv » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Doesn't 4DOS 5.51 allow you to choose an alternate name for
>DESCRIPT.ION? Try INDEX or 00INDEX (so that it stays at the top). If
>there is a choice for an alternate name, that should do the trick,
>since INDEX files and DESCRIPT.ION apparently are the same: text files
>containing the files' names followed by a description.

Cool I'm going to try that.  Trying to get up an ftp site, and just didn't
know what to do.

                                Servo.....

1. Anyway to allocate more than 64K for an array without using Huge?

I need to allocate more than 64K for a data array.  The problem is
everytime I try to run my program with the Huge memory model my program
crashes.  I think this is because I am running the program through a
dos shell.

Is it possible?

--
Regards.

Deepak Sarda

University of Alberta/TRLabs    web:    http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~sarda
Electrical/Computer Engineering Phone:  (403)441-3898
                                Fax:    (403)441-3600

2. FTP SITE wanted

3. Who is using DOS anyway?

4. Lost Search

5. File transfer using FTP like utility between PC and MAC!!?

6. Separator Page

7. Using %@INDEX

8. SQL views and CASE

9. Am I doing something wrong by using 4DOS 4.02 with Win95?

10. Am I losing 50 megs using msdos 6.22?

11. Which OS am I using?

12. No I am not using RHIDE

13. Help with assigning key commands I am using a program a program called mpxplay...