Alt+arrow keystrokes

Post by Alan Dobb » Wed, 07 Sep 1994 00:35:01

Hi
    You will never get a key code for an *ALT* arrow keypress. This is because
ALT NUM-PAD keys is untercepted and interpreted as an ascii code for a
character input (eg ALT-6,5 will generate 'A' or keycode 0x0041), Perhaps if
you write your own keyboard interrupt handler to avoid the interception.
Alternatively, you can make do with Ctrl-Cursor-key, or Shift-Cursor-key.

Alan Dobbie
Edinburgh University

Alt+arrow keystrokes

Post by Martin Moo » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 03:03:24

: Hi
:     You will never get a key code for an *ALT* arrow keypress. This is because
: ALT NUM-PAD keys is untercepted and interpreted as an ascii code
That's my point, Alan.
--
Martin Moore, FlexSoft, Dublin, CA.

1. Alt+arrow keystrokes

I want to be able to read alt-arrow key combinations in a TV (C++)
program. I can think of two ways to go with this,and have tried both. The
first method was to put in an INT09 handler to check for the alt/arrow
combination. The second was to modify the TV source file SYSINT.ASM to
add the keystroke pair to the "KeyConvertTab" table.
The first method didn't work so well, probably due to my trapping the
INT09 in protected mode..in any event, it was real hard to run under TD
(crashed and locked TD), but that's another story.
The second method works great, but I am leery of changing TV code,
especially SYSINT.ASM.
Does anyone have a simper/safer way to get these keystrokes to a TV app?

--
Martin Moore, FlexSoft, Dublin, CA.

2. Interested in a NANOPIANO? Read THIS!!!

3. Alt- Keystrokes in batch file?

4. Forms submit

5. Alt- keystroke?

6. Even more related to parallel ports...

7. TSubMenu: How do you implement non-ALT keystrokes?

8. FAST movie machine

9. Switch up-arrow and ctrl-up-arrow, TC32?

10. Trapping Ctrl-Alt-Del and Ctrl-Alt-Ins

11. Arrow keys on notebook under Win98

12. arrow keys

13. Speeding up the arrow keys in emulated Dos console windows