Need Info on Autoexec.bat files

Post by Brian Ric » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 08:25:10

I am looking for some inforamtion on Autoexec.bat files.  Are there
any Faq's out there, or just places I can find info.  I am one of
those currois types that wants to know how everything works.

Thanks
later
BCR
BRIAN RICE                                 MAINE
UNIVERSITY OF MAINE                        THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE!
UNIVERSITY CLUSTER CONSULTANT              YEA RIGHT
E-MAIL                                     NEW YORK

Post by David Gre » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 19:12:12

>Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 23:25:10 EST

>Subject: Need Info on Autoexec.bat files
>I am looking for some inforamtion on Autoexec.bat files.  Are there
>any Faq's out there, or just places I can find info.  I am one of
>those currois types that wants to know how everything works.

It's just a batch file - admitedly one that MS-DOS insists of running at boot
time just before giving you the prompt.

              "Games:  Networked or nothing!"

   "If you don't have the green, you can't make the scene"

1. autoexec.bat and understanding bat files

When one uses notepad.exe to open autoexec.bat, the document looks like a
software program code resembling BASIC.

What does autoexec.bat do, and how can we use it or change it to do different
things?  How does autoexec.bat do its things?  Can we write new autoexec.bat
files with other names  (somethingsomething.bat) for any reason?

G C

2. "new Image()" not working in Javascript

3. Help needed for custom autoexec.bat file

4. Solution

5. * HELP NEEDED DESPERATELY FOR AUTOEXEC.BAT *

6. Does Laser Direct and Turbodrivers work with Access

7. Need to Modify AUTOEXEC.BAT

8. Sync SCO OpenServer 5 to Tardis on NT

9. HELP NEEDED DESPERATELY FOR AUTOEXEC.BAT

10. DIRCMD in autoexec.bat files...

11. MEMMAKER in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file?