Changing datestamp

Post by Jo I. Spalde » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 17:58:37

How can I change the the year in the datestamps of numerous files?

Jo

Changing datestamp

Post by Charles D » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 00:11:33

Quote:> How can I change the the year in the datestamps of numerous files?

*Just* the year -- not the month, date, hour, and so on?

As a 4DOS user, I would do something like:

to send all .TXT files in the current directory back to 1985.  (No
flying Delorean required.)

Presumably less elegant solutions could also be contrived in COMMAND.COM.

--

Changing datestamp

Post by phil » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 03:45:20

Quote:> How can I change the the year in the datestamps of numerous files?

> Jo

if you do a google search for unix-like utilites for dos
you should find something equiv to the unix  "touch" command

Changing datestamp

Post by Dr John Stockto » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 06:01:21

Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:58:37 :-

Quote:>How can I change the the year in the datestamps of numerous files?

        HUNT $*.htm "NOWMINUS o" + " y1 r o*" u e

Omit the u for test. In this test, $*.htm represents the numerous files.
Copy carefully.  Get HUNT & NOWMINUS via sig line 3.  Files dated Feb 29
become Feb 28; to get Mar 1 in this case, replace y with _.  The r is
optional.

That will subtract exactly one year from the datestamp; other available
effects include zeroing and setting fields.

--

 Web  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.
 PAS EXE TXT ZIP via <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/programs/00index.htm>.

Changing datestamp

Post by AAH » Mon, 04 Aug 2003 06:14:13

Visit
http://vzajic.tripod.com/shareware.html
Stamp60 utility a shareware might interest
you.

Post by Joe Batc » Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:21:33

> How can I change the the year in the datestamps of numerous files?

Believe it or not, Microsoft has for many years provided a free
utility at their website by the name of touch.exe. It's good.
[MS Run-Time Library - Copyright (c) 1990, Microsoft Corp]

touch.exe - 31,480 bytes
Usage: TOUCH [/t year month day hour min sec] files

I will be happy to send a copy to anyone who asks and
provides a valid e-mail address.

Changing datestamp

Post by Joe Batc » Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:23:46

> How can I change the the year in the datestamps of numerous files?

Believe it or not, Microsoft has for many years provided a free
utility at their website by the name of touch.exe.
[MS Run-Time Library - Copyright (c) 1990, Microsoft Corp]

touch.exe - 31,480 bytes
Usage: TOUCH [/t year month day hour min sec] files

I will be happy to send a copy to anyone who asks and
provides a valid e-mail address.

1. How to change change Turbo mode on an AT?

I need to be able to change the CPU speed on an AT clone via software; does
anyone know the port or have sample code??  (I know it isn't the same as on
the XT's I've looked at).

If anyone has a list of what CMOS locations the startup speed is stored in
for different BIOSes, that would be nice too (I know some store it in the
bottom two bits of location 0x3F of CMOS RAM, but at least two BIOSes don't).

AdvTHANKSance,
Mark Aitchion, University of Canterbury.
[if you e-mail I'll post a summary]

2. New SB drivers?

3. Changes at JP Software

4. Leadership Listserv

5. Can an app change 4NT CWD?

6. Sportster 28.8 Disconnect Problem?

7. Changing codepage crashes 4OS2

8. some problems moving between Excel and Statistica

9. 4DOS and .INI file changes

10. Directory changing.

11. Change short filename?

12. Using CD to change to a drive on another network node

13. Is there a way to change the F1 screen in 4DOS 6.0?