Swap CDROM drive letter with a hard-drive partition drive letter

Swap CDROM drive letter with a hard-drive partition drive letter

Post by Dick Gra » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

My computer came with one hard drive (C:) and one CDROM (D:), and a lot of
programs installed.  In addition, I have installed several more CDROM
programs.  Now, I added a second hard drive and partitioned it into two
partitions.  Unfortunately, now my CDROM drive letter is F: and my CD
programs won't work.  I'd like to move my CDROM drive letter back to D:.  I
am looking for a utility which will swap my F: CDROM drive letter with my
D: drive, so that my CDROM will be on drive D: and my hard drives will be
C:, E:, and F:.

Yes, I know that I can re-install the CDROM programs, but that is a lot of
work.  A utility as described above would be easier.