Starting the autoexec.bat

Post by Matt Whal » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I was cleaning up a user's hard drive this morning when I apparently
did something I shouldn't have.  He's running 6.2.  I deleted several
old files that I thought he didn't need.  I also ran a chkdsk /f, scan
disk and defragged it.  For some reason (and I hope someone can shed
some light), his config.sys runs but the autoexec.bat does NOT.  I've
been over the autoexec.bat several times and I know it's fine.  I
didn't realize it was even possible to alter this without making BIOS
changes.  Any help is of course greatly appreciated.  -mw

Starting the autoexec.bat

Post by Micle Moerenho » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I was cleaning up a user's hard drive this morning when I apparently
>did something I shouldn't have.  He's running 6.2.  I deleted several
>old files that I thought he didn't need.  I also ran a chkdsk /f, scan
>disk and defragged it.  For some reason (and I hope someone can shed
>some light), his config.sys runs but the autoexec.bat does NOT.  I've
>been over the autoexec.bat several times and I know it's fine.  I
>didn't realize it was even possible to alter this without making BIOS
>changes.  Any help is of course greatly appreciated.  -mw

As this news group is called `4dos' I presume the user has 4dos installed.
In that case the last line from the config.sys should looke something like

The `/P' makes the shell permanent and ensures the execution of autoexec.bat.
Hope this helps...
--
Mike.

Drink till she's cute. Stop before you're married.

1. Autoexec.bat Doesn't Start

Has Anyone ever heard of an autoexec.bat file NOT running after the config.sys
is complete?

I using a menu system between my config.sys and autoexec.bat...for the
first menuitem...the autoexec.bat will not run.  If I choose the second
menuitem...the autoexec.bat WILL run.  Weird huh?

Yes, I did make sure the menuitems were all spelled exactly the same.
Yes, the files are in their correct positions.

Any clues/tips/help/sympathy would be appreciated.

Thanks
David Heer

2. Syncing 2 Pocket PCs Contacts and Calendars

3. Autoexec.bat Doesn't Start II

4. ospf secondary address

5. Autoexec.bat Doesn't Start: II

6. CAN ANYONE HELP

7. autoexec.bat and understanding bat files

8. Group Policy for specific Logon Types.

9. my autoexec.bat disapear

10. adding line to autoexec.bat

11. * HELP NEEDED DESPERATELY FOR AUTOEXEC.BAT *

12. AUTOEXEC.BAT PROMPT

13. DIRCMD in autoexec.bat files...