Relocation and linking (fwd)

Post by Nicola Gagg » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I am looking for informations on relocation and linking under djgpp.
I have read the include file 'coff.h' in order to understand the format
of the COFF file, but I was not able to understand how static and locally
defined symbols are handled.
Would you give me an help?

Thanks in advance,

Nicola Gaggi                                  University of Bologna.

... Be yourself, no matter what they say
  from "Englishman in New York" by Sting

1. Relocation and linking

Hello folks,

I need information on how relocation and linking is done under DJGPP for
a project I am working on.
I have used the utility 'objdump' and I have read the include file 'coff.h' to
understand the format of the COFF file and I find that in the relocation part
of these files there are only entries for external symbols and data, how can
static and local declared symbols be relocated? May I have to scan all the
code to find where jump istructions (function calls and unconditional jumps)
are and modify the target address of the istructions? I dont think this is the
best way to do relocation (even DOS use a better approach :) )!

Please help me.
Thank you very much,

Nicola Gaggi                                  University of Bologna.

.. Be yourself, no matter what they say
  from "Englishman in New York" by Sting

2. network share install

3. [Fwd: Link error: undefined reference]

4. Windows 4

5. Broken link in DJGPP FAQ (fwd)

6. Parts of DLT driver

7. (Fwd) (Fwd) Re: CAT

8. FS: A1200 -- Complete System

9. Fwd: censorship bites (attached) (fwd)

10. [Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Important. Please read and pass it along- this is not a chain letter.]

11. COFF - relocation entries

12. Relocation.