My outgoing email blocked by own ISP spam filter

My outgoing email blocked by own ISP spam filter

Post by Mark Hanraha » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:53:09

Interesting situation that I have come across in the last few weeks.
My ISP is somehow blocking any emails that I send while using Pegasus,
if the message contains more than one address in the "To:" field.

A warning window appears on the screen stating "ERROR .. 554 MAIL
BLOCKED BY SPAM FILTER"

My ISP (ozemail.com.au) states that they are running a configuration
on their server that should only stop emails that contain over 50
addresses per message ..... but it's somehow killing emails created
with Pegasus with as little as 2 addresses.

The same emails can be sent successfully when using Netscape
Messenger. The only differences I can find is that the lines below
appear in the Pegasus emails, which are not in the Messenger generated
emails.

1. Spam filters ... ? Spam Blocking?

Hello everyone/anyone,

let me start by saying that I am NOT a sendmail expert.  I have done
reasonably well in building and configuring a vanilla site but now I
would like to put up a few spam filters or blocks.   I have been looking
at the Oreilly sendmail book but the light hasn't come on yet.   I am
using sendmail version 8.9.3 on a Solaris machine.

If you can and are willing to:

would you please send me a cookbook approach to blocking an undesirable
domain from sending mail to my server, or a pointer to some good
documentation on this.   At first glance I thought this was going to be
easy, maybe I am overcomplicating the issue.

Any help is appreciated,

-T

2. Slow booting

3. Outgoing SMTP blocked - ISP limits to 5mb

4. Computers Near Me (Not There)

5. rec'd junk email, cannot block it, came from my own email address?

6. XML 4.0

7. Blocking Outgoing Spam

8. 3D sanitary cells

9. SPAM Filtering Services - Business, ISPs and Internet Users

10. Spam Block / Address Filter Question

11. Is mail getting blocked by SPAM filters?

12. When spam filters block legitimate mail