Mercury pooooor performance?

Post by Ron van den Broe » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 18:46:47

Hi all,

I've changed from using Merc NLM's (3.12 server) to Merc32 (integrating with
the same 3.12 server). Merc32 is running on W2K server, Compaq proliant
PIII733, 256 Mb Ram, 100 Mbps NIC. Configuration files basically didn't
change.
Using MercuryP, MercuryS and MercuryE.

Mail is working OK, but the POP/SMTP response times are very poor. When I
popped to the old server, I got authorized and cheked within a second. With
Merc32 it takes uip to 10 seconds. Same thing for SMTP connections.
Also users are complaining about slow mail delivery.
Mercury process is very often taking 99% CPU. And for real, because the W2K
server becomes very slow.

(Session) logging is turned off. While it was on, I got no errors messages.
No error messages in the W2K event log.

Anyone any ideas ?

Ron

1. Mercury forward replies out of Mercury sent back to Mercury?

I have a need to somehow code a forwarded e-mail so that when the
message is replied to, it will come back to the original Mercury
address.

This is the scenario:

Person A sends a message to our Mercury server and it is then
forwarded to person B.

Person B replies to person A and it goes direct to the person,
bypassing the Mercury server.

When person A replies to the reply sent by person B, we want it to be
sent back to the original Mercury e-mail address, which will then be
forwarded to person B by the forward rule set in place.

This is Mercury running on an NT box.

Is this possible? or is my boss crazy....

2. Direct Client requirement--QA TESTER-- Newark (DE)

3. Mercury performance slow on NW 5 Server

4. SBS UPGRADE

5. Mercury W32 or Mercury NLM

6. ULITIMA 7 (MEMORY HOG

7. Mbox->Mercury converter, Mercury file formats, SMTP drop dir problems

8. SS on OS/2 Warp 3

9. Mercury to Mercury Relay?

10. Upgrading Mercury NLM (bindery) to Mercury 32 (NDS)

11. Mercury: Is there any place I can get assistance with setting up Mercury ?

12. Performance of sendmail ? Comparing performance of different flavor of sendmail ?

13. diminished system performance using Outlook Express 6