Manage a tty

Post by drma » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:38:08

Does anyone have some sample code or know where I can find information on
programming some cocoa code that can take control of a /dev/ device?

I have some old c code written for linux. It compiles fine and actually
works, but I would like to bring it up-to-date and rewrite it in cocoa.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew

Manage a tty

Post by Michael Milvi » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 06:05:53

Quote:> Does anyone have some sample code or know where I can find information on
> programming some cocoa code that can take control of a /dev/ device?

> I have some old c code written for linux. It compiles fine and actually
> works, but I would like to bring it up-to-date and rewrite it in cocoa.

Obj-C is built on C so you can communicate with the device the exact
same way as your old c code. You might need to change your read/write
functions to be asynchronous or in a thread so that you don't block
the GUI. Depends on what you are doing though.

Michael

P.S. This probably should belong in comp.sys.mac.progammer.help since
it really has nothing to do with Obj-C.

1. MSDN Managed Newsgroups: really MANAGED ???

Dear All,

What is your personal experience with MSDN subscriber managed newsgroups
(see http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/ for more info)?

I should admit that my first experiment is not very positive (see this
thread
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=1006852547.424296%40wat...
v=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26group%3Dmicrosoft.public.sqlserver.odbc ).

In my own opinion, it is not working well because :

- the delay between successive responses is (very) high
- if the MS support engineer doesn't reply anymore you are blocked (it is
not possible to phone or email him)

Are your experiencing the same issues ?

I hope that the MSDN team will put attention on these problems.

Regards,
Gaetano Di Gregorio.

2. Matlab java problem with Redhat 9.0

3. tty, ptty, How can I use cmd.exe for shell via pipe?

4. Origin2000 pricing

5. Bug in TTY example ?

6. REQ: Crack for Cakewalk Pro Audio 8

7. Strange delay on read from tty port

8. EOB: Help Wanted

9. Help - Error cannot find tty.drv

10. Need driver like TTY.DRV

11. TTY Printing in Win95

12. Bug in TTY example ?

13. Generic / Text Only printer driver problem TTY.DRV UNIDRV.DLL