Where is Set, Collection, etc. in GNU objc headers?

Where is Set, Collection, etc. in GNU objc headers?

Post by Visionary Mik » Wed, 02 May 2001 14:52:26

I just plain can't find any docs or articles about this.

I have both MinGW and CygWin, but can't find any header files for the GNU
objc classes.  I also have GNUstep working, but am looking into more
portable solutions.

Thanks,
Mike

Post by mike burrel » Wed, 02 May 2001 22:27:09

> I just plain can't find any docs or articles about this.

GNU objc does not have sets, etc.

Quote:> I have both MinGW and CygWin, but can't find any header files for the GNU
> objc classes.  I also have GNUstep working, but am looking into more
> portable solutions.

GNUstep, OTOH, does (NSSet, NSArray, etc.).

--
 /"\                                                 m i k e   b u r r e l l

  X        AGAINST HTML MAIL,

Post by s.. » Thu, 03 May 2001 04:40:30

> I just plain can't find any docs or articles about this.

Note that GNU objc is in a process of migrating towards classes with
NS prefix with the autorelease pool memory management.

So for example, they replace OrderedCollection by something like NSArray etc.

This migration is not completely finished yet ... you may find some
references still to Object subclasses such as Set or Collection.

Quote:> I have both MinGW and CygWin, but can't find any header files for the GNU
> objc classes.  I also have GNUstep working, but am looking into more
> portable solutions.

POC is the most portable solution.  Period.  I ran it the other day on
a Sun Netra T1 AC200, for which gcc is not yet producing code; POC runs
as a frontend to Workshop CC in such cases, and it works just fine.

1. how do I tell gnu objc from poc objc?

Hi all,

Newbie alert.

How can I code for POC and GNU Objective-C at the same time?  I mean, is
there a builtin way - something like a precompiler directive I can use to
do something like this:

# ifdef __POC__
<insert POC specific code here>
# endif

# ifdef __GNU_OBJECTIVE_C__
<insert GNU Objective C specific code here>
# endif

I know I could gimmick it in a Makefile, I'm just looking for the 'right'
way to do it.

-Steve

2. xtacacsd and /etc/services

3. Set Header etc in notepad by prog.

4. Anyone compiled teTeX-0.9 on IRIX6.5?

5. How to compile gcc with gnu objc runtime as default

6. APPLETALK AND MODEM PORT

7. GNU objc and pthreads

8. USR internal V90 voice/fax modem 56k

9. Gnu objc -- dead??

10. GNU objc and Blocks

11. GNU Objc docs ?

12. Gnu ObjC support Bundles?

13. Gnu ObjC plugin to Codewarrior IDE... Possible?