Any public domain/GPL code for MD5 and SHA1 sums?

Any public domain/GPL code for MD5 and SHA1 sums?

Post by Christopher Culve » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:31:53

I'd like to have my GNUstep project give an MD5 and SHA1 sum for a file,
but don't wish to include an external library. Is there any public domain
or GPL code floating around to generate those sums? I'd be thankful for
any pointers.

Christopher Culver

Post by mike burrel » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:45:16

> I'd like to have my GNUstep project give an MD5 and SHA1 sum for a file,
> but don't wish to include an external library. Is there any public domain
> or GPL code floating around to generate those sums? I'd be thankful for
> any pointers.

You could always copy in the OpenSSL code directly, which is under "a
Apache-style license".

Using an external library (or external process) seems definitely a better
solution than cut-and-paste to me, though.

--
 /"\                                                 m i k e   b u r r e l l

  X        AGAINST HTML MAIL,
 / \      AND NEWS TOO, dammit