Cocoa Authentication window class?

Post by Antho » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 02:32:33

Anyone know if such a class exists for Cocoa?  Like
NSAuthenticateAlertSheet (ok - i'm dreaming) or something similar.
sure would be nice.  i am writing an installer and need to
authenticate at the beginning, much like the Apple software
installers.  trying to track anything similar down in the Docs but
haven't found anything yet.

otherwise anyone have any advice?  throw up a sheet with some text
fields?  thx.

anthony

Post by Tom Harringto » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 02:38:15

> Anyone know if such a class exists for Cocoa?  Like
> NSAuthenticateAlertSheet (ok - i'm dreaming) or something similar.
> sure would be nice.  i am writing an installer and need to
> authenticate at the beginning, much like the Apple software
> installers.  trying to track anything similar down in the Docs but
> haven't found anything yet.

> otherwise anyone have any advice?  throw up a sheet with some text
> fields?  thx.

It's supposed to be done using the Security framework.  That's where the
windows asking for administrator auth come from.  Apple supplies a demo
called AuthSample that covers the process in detail.  It's not Cocoa, or
even Objective C, though it can be wrapped up in a class if you like.

--
Tom "Tom" Harrington
Version 1.4:  Best cleanup yet, gets files other tools miss.

1. Cocoa: Thread Safe gethostbyname(), class variables and locking

From reading the documentation, gethostbyname() [a c function call] is
not reenterant and possibly not thread safe.

I'm creating an InternetAddress obj-c class which uses gethostbyname()
to obtain the the domain name, aliases and ip(s) of a target machine.

Obj-c does not support class variables.

How would I ensure that gethostbyname() is not called by two or more
threads at the same time?

The simplest way I can think of is to have a static NSLock pointer in
the implementation file and to use a class method to initialize the
NSLock.

Is there a better way?

2. PS/2 Mouse locks up system

3. Cocoa Class Documentation

4. XML Schema mature enough for general use?

5. Window Class #37220 (Checking a window for this class)

6. SDI and Doc Icon

7. BYPASSING WINDOWS LOGIN & AUTHENTICATION PROCESSES

8. Alt+arrow keystrokes

9. Custom USer Authentication Scheme for Windows NT

10. User authentication in Windows NT

11. Windows 95 DCOM Server Authentication Problem

12. Q: RPC authentication on Windows 95?

13. Remote process execution without windows authentication ?