Difference between 70-015 and 70-016

Post by Neelam Pati » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:31:46

Hello Everyone,

I know this does sound like a silly question, but I will
put it out anyway.

What is the difference between exams 70-015 and 70-016 -
with respect to individual topics.

From the microsoft site for the exam details, I see that
one is for desktop apps, and the other for distributed
apps.

I a thinking of appearing for the 70-016 (desktop) exam
first. And then appear for the 70-015.

So while studying for the 70-015 (distributed), can I skip
any topics because they are already covered in 70-016?

Thanks in advance,
Neelam

Difference between 70-015 and 70-016

Post by Alan Davi » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:58:16

Quote:>What is the difference between exams 70-015 and 70-016 -
>with respect to individual topics.

Best start point is the prep guide for the exams.

Quote:>From the microsoft site for the exam details, I see that
>one is for desktop apps, and the other for distributed
>apps.

Correct!

Quote:>I a thinking of appearing for the 70-016 (desktop) exam
>first. And then appear for the 70-015.

Whatever way you think is best for you.

Quote:>So while studying for the 70-015 (distributed), can I skip
>any topics because they are already covered in 70-016?

Not really, although you will not get too much on mfc in 015.
ATL & COM are covered in both exams but the uses are in different
circumstances.

My advice would be not to skip anything, but study for both exams at
the same time. Taking them both at the some time saves two trips to
the testing center!

Good luck.

Difference between 70-015 and 70-016

Post by Neelam Pati » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 02:20:26

Thanks Alan,

studying for both together sounds like a good idea.

Neelam

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>>What is the difference between exams 70-015 and 70-016 -
>>with respect to individual topics.

>Best start point is the prep guide for the exams.

>>From the microsoft site for the exam details, I see that
>>one is for desktop apps, and the other for distributed
>>apps.

>Correct!

>>I a thinking of appearing for the 70-016 (desktop) exam
>>first. And then appear for the 70-015.

>Whatever way you think is best for you.

>>So while studying for the 70-015 (distributed), can I
skip
>>any topics because they are already covered in 70-016?

>Not really, although you will not get too much on mfc in
015.
>ATL & COM are covered in both exams but the uses are in
different
>circumstances.

>My advice would be not to skip anything, but study for
both exams at
>the same time. Taking them both at the some time saves
two trips to
>the testing center!

>Good luck.
>.

Difference between 70-015 and 70-016

Post by lade » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:59:10

diff is that sex before marriage and sex after marriage
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello Everyone,

>I know this does sound like a silly question, but I will
>put it out anyway.

>What is the difference between exams 70-015 and 70-016 -
>with respect to individual topics.

>From the microsoft site for the exam details, I see that
>one is for desktop apps, and the other for distributed
>apps.

>I a thinking of appearing for the 70-016 (desktop) exam
>first. And then appear for the 70-015.

>So while studying for the 70-015 (distributed), can I
skip
>any topics because they are already covered in 70-016?

>Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

>Thanks in advance,
>Neelam
>.

Difference between 70-015 and 70-016

Post by Truong Khan » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:46:15

hello Neelam

    I passed 70-015 and 70-016 last year, so I think I could give you a
little advice.

    In general, Desktop Application and Distributed Application only have
the same property that is COM. But as you see "Desktop" and "Distributed"
features, Desktop is trended to COM on workstation (detail in coding a COM
by SDK, MFC and ATL), Distributed is opted to how a COM can be shared and
used by many application simultaneously (by Transaction Server, called DCOM,
and Microsoft Queue Server).
Note : with respect to WinNT,we call DCOM, but with Win2K and later OS, we
call COM+

Hope this help,
Khanh
MCSD

Quote:> Hello Everyone,

> I know this does sound like a silly question, but I will
> put it out anyway.

> What is the difference between exams 70-015 and 70-016 -
> with respect to individual topics.

> From the microsoft site for the exam details, I see that
> one is for desktop apps, and the other for distributed
> apps.

> I a thinking of appearing for the 70-016 (desktop) exam
> first. And then appear for the 70-015.

> So while studying for the 70-015 (distributed), can I skip
> any topics because they are already covered in 70-016?

> Thanks in advance,
> Neelam

Difference between 70-015 and 70-016

Post by Caio Proiet » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:09:40

Hi!

I passed 70-016 last year, and passed 70-015 today...
It's kind of funny, but 70-015 is 70% about MTS and ADO... 20% about SQL and
10% about Visual C++ in general...

I my opinion, the 70-015 was much easier than 70-016...

Both tests requires a minimum score of 540 (very easy huh?)... and you have
90 minutes.
70-016 has 43 questions and 70-015 has 50 questions.

cheers,

Caio Proiete

Quote:> Hello Everyone,

> I know this does sound like a silly question, but I will
> put it out anyway.

> What is the difference between exams 70-015 and 70-016 -
> with respect to individual topics.

> From the microsoft site for the exam details, I see that
> one is for desktop apps, and the other for distributed
> apps.

> I a thinking of appearing for the 70-016 (desktop) exam
> first. And then appear for the 70-015.

> So while studying for the 70-015 (distributed), can I skip
> any topics because they are already covered in 70-016?

> Thanks in advance,
> Neelam

1. Difference between 70-015 and 70-016 Regards VC track???

Dear Friends:

I am trying to prepare MCSD Visual C++ certificate, but from the
requirment, I see there is no big difference between the Test of VC
Desktop(70-016) and Distribute (70-015), other than the MTS part.

Is that true? If Yes, can we say it is pretty easy to pass the
Distribute (70-015) after passing the Desktop (70-016)?

Any suggestion is really appreciated !

Tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Epson EPL5700

3. 70-016, 70-015 & 70-029 books recommendations

4. BSVC 6800 Simulator Binary

5. testking 70-015,70-016

6. System recovery

7. 70-015 and 70-016 overlap.

8. Return codes

9. 70-015 vs 70-016

10. Transcender for 70-015 and 70-016

11. 70-015 & 70-016 exams

12. Is exam 70-015 or 70-016 for better overall knowledge of VC ?