which first 70-315 or 70-316 ? etc

Post by Louis Solomon [SteelBytes » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:24:29

Which is generally considered a smarter/easier order for the examples
requried to do MCSD.NET ?

--
Louis Solomon
www.SteelBytes.com

which first 70-315 or 70-316 ? etc

Post by Danu » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:21:58

I think it all depends on your experience.
Do 70-316 first if you have windows apps experience.
Do 70-315 first if you have web-based apps experience.
I would do 70-320 at the end.

There are some common things on all of these exams:
* the language (C# or VB)
* Security
* Deployment
* Trace and Debugging
* ADO.NET

Danut, MCAD

Quote:> Which is generally considered a smarter/easier order for the examples
> requried to do MCSD.NET ?

> --
> Louis Solomon
> www.SteelBytes.com

which first 70-315 or 70-316 ? etc

Post by Alan Davi » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:00:03

Quote:>Do 70-315 first if you have web-based apps experience.
>I would do 70-320 at the end.

I would do these two together, if Louis is starting from scratch.

Post by Tim » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:16:15

Quote:> >Do 70-315 first if you have web-based apps experience.
> >I would do 70-320 at the end.

> I would do these two together, if Louis is starting from scratch.

Do you mean 315 and 320 together, or 315 and 316 as mentioned in the thread
subject?

I think 315 and 316 together makes sense, but wouldn't recommend studying
for 320 simultaneously with anything else, especially if starting from
scratch.

which first 70-315 or 70-316 ? etc

Post by Danu » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:46:34

I can't imagine how is it to study for two exams on the same time.
I still think that one at a time is better.
Anyway once you passed the first one you should already know the common
areas (ADO.NET, etc.) so the second and the third exams should be easier
because you just focus on the specifics.

Danut, MCAD

> > >Do 70-315 first if you have web-based apps experience.
> > >I would do 70-320 at the end.

> > I would do these two together, if Louis is starting from scratch.

> Do you mean 315 and 320 together, or 315 and 316 as mentioned in the
thread
> subject?

> I think 315 and 316 together makes sense, but wouldn't recommend studying
> for 320 simultaneously with anything else, especially if starting from
> scratch.

which first 70-315 or 70-316 ? etc

Post by Alan Davi » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:02:27

Thanks Tim (Sorry Louis), 315 and 316 as mentioned in the thread
subject.

Quote:> but wouldn't recommend studying for 320 simultaneously with anything else especially if starting from scratch.

Fair enough when 'starting from scratch'. Don't see why it is any more
harder for people who have been working with the product using the
topic's covered in the exam, than say doing 70-228 & 70-229 together.

which first 70-315 or 70-316 ? etc

Post by Louis Solomon [SteelBytes » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:12:10

thanks all for the advice.
316 and 315 together sounds reasonsably like a good idea.

I come from a background, recently foucusing on win32api with c/c++, but
extenting to many areas (from games, to simple dbs via php).

I'm currently pondering how long to wait to see if MS will do a C++ versions
of mcsd.net ... I think I'll wait 2 or 3 months before I get real serious.
(I would prefer not to have to learn the syntax of another language - C# -
even if it is reasonably similar).

--
Louis Solomon
www.SteelBytes.com