quick question - elective exam

Post by Null » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:36:45

Hola -

If I take the SQLServer2000 exam (70-229) as an elective for MCSD.NET can I
also get credif for that exam to achieve tthe MCDBA?

I looked through the FAQs on microsoft.com/traincert but wasn't able to find
the answer to this question.

Does anyone know about this - or should I contact MSFT?

TIA.

Cheers!

quick question - elective exam

Post by Davin Mickelso » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:45:00

Yes, an exam can count for more than one certification title (MCSD, MCDBA,
MCSE, etc.).

An exam cannot, however, count twice for the same Microsoft certification
title (i.e. you cannot have an exam count as one of the required MCAD exams
and also as a required MCAD elective).

Good luck to you,
Davin Mickelson

Quote:> Hola -

> If I take the SQLServer2000 exam (70-229) as an elective for MCSD.NET can
> also get credif for that exam to achieve tthe MCDBA?

> I looked through the FAQs on microsoft.com/traincert but wasn't able to
find
> the answer to this question.

> Does anyone know about this - or should I contact MSFT?

> TIA.

> Cheers!

quick question - elective exam

Post by Null » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:56:27

Davin,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question.  I appreciate it!

Peace!