Order of the Exams

Post by Raja » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:07:56

Hi,
I am preparing for the MCSD(VB.Net). Can anyone please
tell me, if there is a strict sequence in which the exams
are to be taken. If there is a sequence, whats that? If
someone does not take the exams in the sequence, does that
mean he/she is not eligible for the MCSD certifications.
Please suggest.
Thanks in Advance,
Rajan Gupta.

Order of the Exams

Post by Davin Mickelso » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:30:58

You can take the required exams in any sequence. There is no time limit
between the exams - unless Microsoft stops offering a required exam.

Good luck to you.

Davin Mickelson

Quote:> Hi,
> I am preparing for the MCSD(VB.Net). Can anyone please
> tell me, if there is a strict sequence in which the exams
> are to be taken. If there is a sequence, whats that? If
> someone does not take the exams in the sequence, does that
> mean he/she is not eligible for the MCSD certifications.
> Please suggest.
> Thanks in Advance,
> Rajan Gupta.

Order of the Exams

Post by Padd » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:53:26

That's great, though it makes sense to go for the ones
that will get you the MCAD cert.

Here's a related question: what's the order of toughness?

Paddy

Order of the Exams

Post by Piete » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:36:21

Paddy,

Start of with web applications. They are build most, so
you'll get lots of info on them.
Then do web services. They are a bit tougher, but you'll
be ok.
The third depends on your interest and experience. Either
take the elective (SQL Server, Biztalk, Commerce Server
any which you prefer) or the windows apps.

You're MCAD.

Then go for either the elective or windows apps (the one
you did not take as third exam) and finally fly through
the architecture questions.

Cheers!

Pieter

Order of the Exams

Post by Padd » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:55:05

Thanks Pieter.

Paddy

Order of the Exams

Post by Yako » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:04:22

Wow, that's almost that I was looking for.
May I ask you some additional questions? (I couldn't find
a step-by-step procedure anywhere).

Lets say I'm going for MSCD.NET certificate.
I pay at either testing company for testing and what then?
Am I getting a bunch of vauchers for each exam?

There is no time range between exams (did I get this
correct?).

Do I get some kind of official paper saying I passed this
and that exam? (I'm looking for a job so I want to update
my resume accordingly and not wait when(and if!) I get a
certificate.

About what you said about MCAD. (want to double-verify)..
If I pass a set of exams for MCAD would I get this
certificate even though I applied for MSCD?

Thanks in advance,
 Yakov.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Paddy,

>Start of with web applications. They are build most, so
>you'll get lots of info on them.
>Then do web services. They are a bit tougher, but you'll
>be ok.
>The third depends on your interest and experience. Either
>take the elective (SQL Server, Biztalk, Commerce Server
>any which you prefer) or the windows apps.

>You're MCAD.

>Then go for either the elective or windows apps (the one
>you did not take as third exam) and finally fly through
>the architecture questions.

>Cheers!

>Pieter

1. Order of exams

Hello!!!
I'm preparing myself for MCSD Certification in Visual
Basic. I know I have Destop applications, Distributed
Applications and Analysing Requirements to pass, but I
don't know the order of those exams.

Can someone tell me the order please.

Thank you... Marianne

2. windows2000 - application problems

3. MCSD order of exams

4. PRODUCT: Cold Fusion 1.5 ships; Web Application Development Platform

5. Which order to take the exams

6. MRJ 2.0

7. Order of Exams

8. Nokia 8210 Palm 505 Phonebook editor

9. MCSD's exams order

10. order of exams

11. VB6 Track - What exam order should I follow

12. What's the Best Order to Take the Exams?

13. Question on exam order for MCSD - vb track