70-015 vs 70-016

Post by Mike Gleason Jr Couturie » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:31:27

Hello all !!

Just a quick question.. I read the "skills being mesured"
about 70-015 exam on MS site. It looks like a copy
paste of the 70-016 "skills being mesured".

I passed the VC 6 Desktop exam (70-016). Is the distributed
(70-015) harder ?

Anyone passed both !? What should I study most ?

Thank you !!

70-015 vs 70-016

Post by Tim » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 00:00:17

I passed both exams in beta and I think I would have had to flip a coin if
asked to label each exam correctly based on the questions alone. I've said
the Distributed exam was about 50% COM and 50% ATL, but the Desktop exam was
the exact opposite.

I think the "skills being measured" is the best place to start studying for
all the exams. I read a few relevant 3rd party books too.

Quote:> Just a quick question.. I read the "skills being mesured"
> about 70-015 exam on MS site. It looks like a copy
> paste of the 70-016 "skills being mesured".

70-015 vs 70-016

Post by Lesze » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 05:00:01

Does it mean that "distributed" includes MTS and SQL questions ?

I am going to pass both of them shortly, and I am wondering about
proportions of each topic, i.e. (example) COM (30%), ActiveX/OLE(10%),
MFC(30%), etc.

Can anybody estimate this ?

Thanks,

Leszek Taratuta

> I passed both exams in beta and I think I would have had to flip a coin if
> asked to label each exam correctly based on the questions alone. I've said
> the Distributed exam was about 50% COM and 50% ATL, but the Desktop exam
was
> the exact opposite.

> I think the "skills being measured" is the best place to start studying
for
> all the exams. I read a few relevant 3rd party books too.

> > Just a quick question.. I read the "skills being mesured"
> > about 70-015 exam on MS site. It looks like a copy
> > paste of the 70-016 "skills being mesured".

70-015 vs 70-016

Post by RichardJ » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 04:01:31

The skills measured look very similiar but you will find that there are
additional skills being measured in the distributed exams. This would
presuppose one to believe that 70-015 is the more difficult but if the
VB exams are anything to go by then that would not be the case.

Learn MTS, more ATL COM, SQL, a bit more on databases maybe and go do
the exam.

I didn't find 70-016 to be difficult or 70-175 for that matter. It was
70-176 that I actually found fairly difficult with its interminably long
questions.

---
View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article47866.html
RichardJW------------------------------------------------------------------------
RichardJW's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=75238

70-015 vs 70-016

Post by Tim » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 06:56:40

Quote:> Does it mean that "distributed" includes MTS and SQL questions ?

Yes. That does not mean those topics are not included on the "desktop" exam
though.

Quote:> I am going to pass both of them shortly, and I am wondering about
> proportions of each topic, i.e. (example) COM (30%), ActiveX/OLE(10%),
> MFC(30%), etc.

Like I said, COM and ATL. MFC was included, but as I recall was only about
10% of the questions.

1. 70-016, 70-015 & 70-029 books recommendations

Since I passed 70-100, I'm now preparing for other MCSD exams. I've chosen
70-029 for elective.
Before I spend my limited budget, I would like to hear some good
recommendations for books that will help me to pass. I have 2 year
experiende in VC++(MFC) & COM, some experience in ATL and I know MTS basics.
Also, are Transcenders any good for these exams?

Thanks,
Tvrtko

2. dc fonts

3. Difference between 70-015 and 70-016

4. polaroid calibrates before every scan??? WHY???

5. 70-015 and 70-016 overlap.

6. WinG 32 bit Hack problems

7. testking 70-015,70-016

8. Immediate requirement for SAP SRM DOA ABAP -- IL

9. Transcender for 70-015 and 70-016

10. Is exam 70-015 or 70-016 for better overall knowledge of VC ?

11. 70-015 & 70-016 exams

12. Need Advice on 70-015 or 70-016 exam