Exam 70-300 Info

Post by Juma » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:58:23

Hi,

I am pretty new to .Net and I started studying the MS
PRESS book for Exam 70-300. I was pretty comfortable with
it although I am a fresher to .Net and Microsoft
Technologies.

I am planning to read material from the MSDN site as well
do the Transcender Practice tests.I am not sure whether
that is enough preparation as see a lot of people failing
on that and say that it is really difficult.

I dont want to use BrainDumps and I am ready to work
hard. The prerequisites say that we need atleast 2 years
of experience before we take the test. Being a fresher
just out of college would it be ok for me to go for it?
Please guide me on this.

Thanks in Advance!
Juma

Exam 70-300 Info

Post by Mari » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:30:45

You may want to check out the user reviews of the
Microsoft 70-300 kit, on Amazon...
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>I am pretty new to .Net and I started studying the MS
>PRESS book for Exam 70-300. I was pretty comfortable with
>it although I am a fresher to .Net and Microsoft
>Technologies.

>I am planning to read material from the MSDN site as well
>do the Transcender Practice tests.I am not sure whether
>that is enough preparation as see a lot of people failing
>on that and say that it is really difficult.

>I dont want to use BrainDumps and I am ready to work
>hard. The prerequisites say that we need atleast 2 years
>of experience before we take the test. Being a fresher
>just out of college would it be ok for me to go for it?
>Please guide me on this.

>Thanks in Advance!
>Juma
>.

Exam 70-300 Info

Post by Juma » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:00:57

Thanks Maria!

I was wondering when anyone could throw light on the
preparation format for this Exam for a person who is just
new to .NET. Can Hardwork+ Transcender+ MSDN replace the
2 years of experience which Microsoft requires before
taking this exam. Please advise me on that.

Thanks!
Juma

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You may want to check out the user reviews of the
>Microsoft 70-300 kit, on Amazon...

Exam 70-300 Info

Post by Danu » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:40:05

If you study hard then yes, I believe you can pass the exam without the 2
years experience but I would recommend passing the other 3 .NET exams before
you take 70-300.

You may want to take a look at the ExamCram2 book.

Danut, MCSD.NET

Quote:> Thanks Maria!

> I was wondering when anyone could throw light on the
> preparation format for this Exam for a person who is just
> new to .NET. Can Hardwork+ Transcender+ MSDN replace the
> 2 years of experience which Microsoft requires before
> taking this exam. Please advise me on that.

> Thanks!
> Juma

Exam 70-300 Info

Post by Mari » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:04:57

If you are new to .NET then you may want to leave 70-300
for last.
The format of the Transcender demos is always pretty close
to the real thing. You can find the demo download for 70-
300 here: http://www.transcender.com/products/product.asp?
SKU=KKSLC0400
Search google newsgroups for "70-300" exam - you'll soon
get a fair idea of the format and the different ways to
prepare.
I don't think many people have the full range of
experience that 70-300 requires. Most of us will have to
do some extra reading/practice/hard work to make up for
the missing pieces. Don't just study for the exams though;
take your time and aim to get a real understanding of the
material - much more satisfying!

Good luck
Maria

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Thanks Maria!

>I was wondering when anyone could throw light on the
>preparation format for this Exam for a person who is just
>new to .NET. Can Hardwork+ Transcender+ MSDN replace the
>2 years of experience which Microsoft requires before
>taking this exam. Please advise me on that.

>Thanks!
>Juma

Exam 70-300 Info

Post by Juma » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:37:06

Thank You Danut Once again!
Thank You Maria!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If you are new to .NET then you may want to leave 70-300
>for last.
>The format of the Transcender demos is always pretty
close
>to the real thing. You can find the demo download for 70-
>300 here:

http://www.transcender.com/products/product.asp?
Quote:>SKU=KKSLC0400
>Search google newsgroups for "70-300" exam - you'll soon
>get a fair idea of the format and the different ways to
>prepare.
>I don't think many people have the full range of
>experience that 70-300 requires. Most of us will have to
>do some extra reading/practice/hard work to make up for
>the missing pieces. Don't just study for the exams
though;
>take your time and aim to get a real understanding of
the
>material - much more satisfying!

>Good luck
>Maria

Exam 70-300 Info

Post by Piete » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:17:59

Juma,

I'd have to agree with Maria: Leave the 70-300 exam alone
until you get all the others (win apps, web apps, web
services and elective). After doing 4 other exams you'll
be far more prepared for finding architecture solutions
in .NET.

Cheers!

Pieter

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Thank You Danut Once again!
>Thank You Maria!

1. what about exams 70-300,70-315,70-320 ?

Hi...
I will be very thankful to you if you could help me by answering on my
questions about MCSD...
I am studying for MCSD certification on visual studio.net by using the
C#.net language...and i have realized that there is only one exam that
i can do and that is exam 70-316 or 70-306 if i choose to use VB.Net
but i have choosed c#.net ...
Well my question is when the exams :70-300,70-315,70-320 will be
available???
The training center that I'm going to,told me that these exams are not
yet available, and that there is no books yet to study from ,for those
exams ...soo please if you could just tell me when it will be
available?

2. Megabit tariff not approved in OR?

3. 70-305 + 70-316 + 70-320 + 70-229 + 70-300 = MCSD .NET??

4. Netscape API ?

5. I am looking to buy several used copies of AutoCAD (any version)

6. Exam book for 70-300 worthwhile?

7. How is 70-300 exam?

8. 70-300 Exam Attempts

9. I took (and failed) the 70-300 exam today

10. Free 70-300 exam voucher

11. Any one to spare 70-300 exam materials here?