Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Null » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:01:28

I'm about to purchase a prep-test and have been trying to decide between
three different vendors:

Transcender, SelfTest, and MeasureUp....Does anyone have any recommendations
about these vendors?

For the most part, they seem to offer the same thing varying only in #'s of
questions and price.  However, I would like to find the closest
approximation to the "real thing" for exam 70-229 in terms of the
difficulty, scope and number of questions....

Any suggestions/experiences you would like to share would be much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Danu » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:28:34

Is it true that the money spent on the exams, books and software is tax
deductible?

Thanks!
Danut

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Null » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:20:46

Uh...hello - nice discussion.  I appreciate that we're all sharing info and
what not - it's one of the things that I like so much about
newsgroups....But, just one request, can we get back to the "main thread",
plz.

Peachy!

> It depends on what you do. If you are a contractor doing programming on a
> contract basis then definitely yes, on your schedule C. If you are
employed
> in information technology, then yes as an unreimbursed employee business
> expense on Schedule A (if you itemize). If you are a construction worker,
> aiming at a career change, then probably not.

> > Is it true that the money spent on the exams, books and software is tax
> > deductible?

> > Thanks!
> > Danut

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Gevor » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:54:41

Originally posted by Danut

Quote:> Is it true that the money spent on the exams, books and software
>     is tax
> deductible?

> Thanks!
> Danut

Yes. At least it worked on my case for last fiscal year - but I used to
be on 1099 - self-employee (same as contractor)

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Peter Nola » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:25:43

Ask any trainer and they will say Transender, I can't
speak for the rest but transender was great.

Peter

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm about to purchase a prep-test and have been trying to
decide between
>three different vendors:

>Transcender, SelfTest, and MeasureUp....Does anyone have
any recommendations
>about these vendors?

>For the most part, they seem to offer the same thing

varying only in #'s of
Quote:>questions and price.  However, I would like to find the
closest
>approximation to the "real thing" for exam 70-229 in
terms of the
>difficulty, scope and number of questions....

>Any suggestions/experiences you would like to share would
be much
>appreciated.

>Thanks in advance.

>Cheers!

>.

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Danu » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:23:56

I'm a C++ and SQL developer and I hold MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD and MCSD.NET and my
employer did not pay for any exam, book or Transcender.

Thanks for the info!
Danut

> It depends on what you do. If you are a contractor doing programming on a
> contract basis then definitely yes, on your schedule C. If you are
employed
> in information technology, then yes as an unreimbursed employee business
> expense on Schedule A (if you itemize). If you are a construction worker,
> aiming at a career change, then probably not.

> > Is it true that the money spent on the exams, books and software is tax
> > deductible?

> > Thanks!
> > Danut

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Danu » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:26:10

So you think that this subject does not belong here?
Ok then: can anyone tell me where I can find brand dumps so I do not have to
study for the exam 345-8756?

I guess these are the questions more apropriate for this newsgroup, right?

Danut
MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSD (VC++), MCAD.NET, MCP

> Uh...hello - nice discussion.  I appreciate that we're all sharing info
and
> what not - it's one of the things that I like so much about
> newsgroups....But, just one request, can we get back to the "main thread",
> plz.

> Peachy!

> > It depends on what you do. If you are a contractor doing programming on
> > contract basis then definitely yes, on your schedule C. If you are
> employed
> > in information technology, then yes as an unreimbursed employee business
> > expense on Schedule A (if you itemize). If you are a construction
worker,
> > aiming at a career change, then probably not.

> > > Is it true that the money spent on the exams, books and software is
tax
> > > deductible?

> > > Thanks!
> > > Danut

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Alan Davi » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:54:36

What country you from?

> Is it true that the money spent on the exams, books and software is tax
> deductible?

> Thanks!
> Danut

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Danu » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:39:33

I'm living in the USA.

> What country you from?

> > Is it true that the money spent on the exams, books and software is tax
> > deductible?

> > Thanks!
> > Danut

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Michae » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:57:49

Danut, you hijacked Null's thread. You should have posted a new message.

Anyway Null, I used Transcender before, and think it is very good. I might
have tried SelfTest and/or MeasureUp demos, but were not too impressed with
them.

> So you think that this subject does not belong here?
> Ok then: can anyone tell me where I can find brand dumps so I do not have
> study for the exam 345-8756?

> I guess these are the questions more apropriate for this newsgroup, right?

> Danut
> MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSD (VC++), MCAD.NET, MCP

> > Uh...hello - nice discussion.  I appreciate that we're all sharing info
> and
> > what not - it's one of the things that I like so much about
> > newsgroups....But, just one request, can we get back to the "main
thread",
> > plz.

> > Peachy!

> > > It depends on what you do. If you are a contractor doing programming
on
> > > contract basis then definitely yes, on your schedule C. If you are
> > employed
> > > in information technology, then yes as an unreimbursed employee
business
> > > expense on Schedule A (if you itemize). If you are a construction
> worker,
> > > aiming at a career change, then probably not.

> tax

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Null » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:47:24

Michael, thanks for the info - I appreciate it.  I am going to go with
Transcender's exam-simulation product.

Cheerio!

> Danut, you hijacked Null's thread. You should have posted a new message.

> Anyway Null, I used Transcender before, and think it is very good. I might
> have tried SelfTest and/or MeasureUp demos, but were not too impressed
with
> them.

> > So you think that this subject does not belong here?
> > Ok then: can anyone tell me where I can find brand dumps so I do not
have
> > study for the exam 345-8756?

> > I guess these are the questions more apropriate for this newsgroup,
right?

> > Danut
> > MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSD (VC++), MCAD.NET, MCP

> > > Uh...hello - nice discussion.  I appreciate that we're all sharing
info
> > and
> > > what not - it's one of the things that I like so much about
> > > newsgroups....But, just one request, can we get back to the "main
> thread",
> > > plz.

> > > Peachy!

> on
> > > employed
> business
> > worker,

> > tax

Prep tests - a dime a dozen; any recommendations?

Post by Danu » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:59:06

Hm, Outlook Express shows his email under the thread I initiated even if the
subject is different.

> Danut, you hijacked Null's thread. You should have posted a new message.

> Anyway Null, I used Transcender before, and think it is very good. I might
> have tried SelfTest and/or MeasureUp demos, but were not too impressed
with
> them.

> > So you think that this subject does not belong here?
> > Ok then: can anyone tell me where I can find brand dumps so I do not
have
> > study for the exam 345-8756?

> > I guess these are the questions more apropriate for this newsgroup,
right?

> > Danut
> > MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSD (VC++), MCAD.NET, MCP

> > > Uh...hello - nice discussion.  I appreciate that we're all sharing
info
> > and
> > > what not - it's one of the things that I like so much about
> > > newsgroups....But, just one request, can we get back to the "main
> thread",
> > > plz.

> > > Peachy!

> on
> > > employed
> business
> > worker,

> > tax

1. DBA-PREP-DBA-PREP-DBA-PREP-DBA-PREP

D.O.C. Software Corp. makers of the AWARD WINNING
PowerPREP(tm) are pleased to announce dbaPREP(tm)

What is dbaPREP?

dbaPREP is a Windows based series of on-line dba
certification simulation tests,which will prepare
you for your Oracle dba certification exam.
dbaPREP consists of over 300 questions.  EXAMS can
used  to screen prospective Oracle dba's.  Topic
exams are also provided which cover all topics on
the actual EXAM.  This will help you study the
topics you need work on.

Features:

*       Timed tests (Like the actual exam)
*       Automatic Scoring.
*       On-Line Interactive Review
*       Save and Resume Tests (Test is reset to where you left off).
*       Automatic detection of unanswered questions.
*       MDI interface (Take multiple tests at once).
*       Under 1MB install
*       Text Style questions (you type in the answer)
*       Multiple Choice  Questions
*       Questions with Multiple Answers

Reports:

Three reports are provided to review on-line or to
print out.  There is a summary report and a
detailed report which will show you exactly
which questions need review.  There is also a
study guide which prints the complete question
and the right answer.

dbaPREP is EASY to install and use.  The total
amount of hard disk space required in under 1 MB.

dbaPREP is FAST to load and operate with little
or no learning curve.

Exams can be taken as many times as you like.

PRICING

ONLY $79.95 for a limited time for dbaPREP version 1.0
Price after November 1, 1995 goes up to $99.95

Call: 203-790-1769  or E-mail 102007,2642 or FAX
order to 203-778-5093

Order by any method 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week

ORDERERING dbaPREP

Number of Copies:

Company:
First Name:
Last Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Country
Compuserve Address:

Credit Card Type:  MasterCard/Visa/AMEX/Checks Accepted
Credit Card Number:
Expiration Date:
Name on Credit Card:

Orders can be E-mailed to a Compuserve Account for a $7.00 fee.
Shipping Method:  1st Class, Compuserve, FedEx

D.O.C. Software Corp.
27 Glendale Drive
Danbury, CT. 06811
Compuserve Address 102007,2642
203-790-1769

Call for Multi-User Discount Pricing, Dealer Pricing

dbaPREP is a registered trademark of D.O.C. Software Corp.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corp.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.

2. A deliver worksheet that doesn't deliver!

3. CPD-PREP-CPD-PREP-CPD-PREP-CPD-PREP

4. A Special Offer!

5. Help and Thanks

6. DBA-PREP-DBA-PREP-DBA-PREP-DBA-PREP

7. Question for ActiveX Gurus - Control Hosting

8. From prinergy/preps to brisque/preps an advanced users question...

9. Recommendations for Test Software for Blackbox Testing

10. FREE PREP TESTS

11. Free Certification PREP Tests

12. FAA Private Pilot Test Prep Program 2.21