Search For a File From a network Drive

Post by Hemal Desa » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:40:12

Hi,
I am stuck up & want some help with regards to using
findfilenext & findfile API for searching for a File on a
network PC. If any one has a code snippet for me to view
or could explain me how to go about it.??

Thanks a Millon
Regards
Hemal

1. Contents erased/file replaced when opening VSD file on network drive

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Visio but I'm sure something strange is going on. When I
create files and save them locally, I have no problem opening them. However,
if I save a file to a file server, the file appears to be replaced with a
blank document with the same name the next time I open it. Double-clicking
the VSD file in Windows Explorer dislays the Choose Drawing Type dialog in
Visio. Opening the file from Visio simply replaces it. The file size also
shrinks accordingly (e.g. from 300k to 10k). In other words, I effectively
lose all drawing objects in my file.

Is there a simple solution to this?

I am using Visio 2002 SR-1, Win2k SP3, and a Novell file server and all
options should be at the installation default.

Roy

2. PDA's

3. How can I index and search pdf files on my hard drive?

4. Who first coined the phrase "Y2K"?

5. File Finder recursively searches drive links

6. Fuji CR DICOM Images

7. How to search file in local hard drives

8. Going to RISC system with S36 Env

9. help on retrieving lotusv.4 file in network drive

10. OverWriting PDF files over the network on the RAID5 drive

11. Reading zip files on a network drive

12. delays when editting file on mapped network drive

13. Read and save file on network drive.