70-015 & 70-016 exams

Post by empl » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:47:54

I am going to take VC++ exams, and I'd like to ask the following questions

1) I've got a preparation guide for 015 (distributed) exam. Can I do without
any study material for 016 (desktop) exam?

2) Is it reasonable to take both exams in one day?

For the previous several years I've been actively using VC++. However, there
are some topics (OLE with MFC, MTS, MSMQ) I don't have any real working
experience with. Will it be sufficient just to read about these topics in
the book?

3) What's your opinion on the idea of taking VC++ track? How soon it's going
to retire? How valuable it is from the employer's point of view (taking into
account all these C# stuff)?

70-015 & 70-016 exams

Post by Alan Davi » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:58:57

Quote:>I am going to take VC++ exams, and I'd like to ask the following questions

>1) I've got a preparation guide for 015 (distributed) exam. Can I do without
>any study material for 016 (desktop) exam?

Given the ridicules passing required (around 540), experience will get
your through. The desktop exam is very, very easy. The distributed one
a little harder.

Quote:

>2) Is it reasonable to take both exams in one day?

Definitely do both at once.

Quote:

>For the previous several years I've been actively using VC++. However, there
>are some topics (OLE with MFC, MTS, MSMQ) I don't have any real working
>experience with. Will it be sufficient just to read about these topics in
>the book?

Yes, MSDN rather than waste money on books.

Quote:

>3) What's your opinion on the idea of taking VC++ track? How soon it's going
>to retire? How valuable it is from the employer's point of view (taking into
>account all these C# stuff)?

Sorry don't know. But I would not expect these exams to be retired in
about couple of years or so.

Companies would be mad to just drop their existing VC++ (or VB) apps
or even to convert them to C#. If a company has VC++ apps, then
proving you know VC++ should be important to them - C++ will not go
away.

Good Luck

1. 70-016, 70-015 & 70-029 books recommendations

Since I passed 70-100, I'm now preparing for other MCSD exams. I've chosen
70-029 for elective.
Before I spend my limited budget, I would like to hear some good
recommendations for books that will help me to pass. I have 2 year
experiende in VC++(MFC) & COM, some experience in ATL and I know MTS basics.
Also, are Transcenders any good for these exams?

Thanks,
Tvrtko

2. Duke N/Sound

3. Is exam 70-015 or 70-016 for better overall knowledge of VC ?

4. problem installing approach controller

5. Need Advice on 70-015 or 70-016 exam

6. ppp Point to Point Protocol aplication

7. How different are 70-015 and 70-016 exams ?

8. psion timetable programme

9. 70-015, 70-016 study manual and practice exams

10. 70-015 & 70-016 Qs

11. 70-015 & 70-016

12. Difference between 70-015 and 70-016