Quickie VB Remote Server Question

Post by Walto » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm taking my first stab at building a distributed app. and am at a
loss about one part of the equation.  I have a client app on the
client computer, a business service component and the SQL server
database (or Access db) on the remote computer.  I know how to connect
to the component and database when its all on 1 system by setting the
connection string, etc...but I don't know how to connect the 2
computers to do even a simple test of the app.  What am I missing?
Obviously I need to connect to net...(I have 2 ph. lines and 2
computers), but how do I make the client find the server?  I know that
by setting the Remote Server Files option using DCOM, the packages
will be automatically configured when compiled, but....? Don't I need
an additional string somehow...using the server ph. number, ip
address, something...?

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly
appreciate it.  Once I get this piece of the puzzle..watch out!))

Thanks so much!

Walton

Quickie VB Remote Server Question

Anyone....? Please...