Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database

Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database

Post by Andrew Ferrer » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:02:30

Hello Everyone,

I am a project manager at First Investigative Consultants
(La Crescenta, CA).  I am looking for any information that
you might have that would lead me to either a reputable
Software design firm or individual that can "grow" with us.
 We have a nearly turn-key software that was designed in
Oracle that we would like to convert to Access likely with
a Visual Basic Front.  We will need a company or individual
that has the resources to work with us in creating what
will become the industry standard all-in-one P.I. business
software.

--
Andrew Ferrera
Project Manager

(818) 957-1958

Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database

Post by Guy Co » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:24:28

Convert to Access? You're absolutely nuts... Go for MSDE at least so that
you can eventually upsize it to SQL Server..  Access doesn't have triggers
or cursors in the traditional sense of the word. The conversion will drive
you nuts.

Not to mention the limitation on the number of connections and the DB
size....

Guy

> Hello Everyone,

> I am a project manager at First Investigative Consultants
> (La Crescenta, CA).  I am looking for any information that
> you might have that would lead me to either a reputable
> Software design firm or individual that can "grow" with us.
>  We have a nearly turn-key software that was designed in
> Oracle that we would like to convert to Access likely with
> a Visual Basic Front.  We will need a company or individual
> that has the resources to work with us in creating what
> will become the industry standard all-in-one P.I. business
> software.

> --
> Andrew Ferrera
> Project Manager
> First Investigative Consultants

> (818) 957-1958

Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database

Post by sharo » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:07:44

Yep, I agree with Guy. DON'T go for Access, I work for a
large company and have lost count of the amount of times
I've had to convert Access databases to SQL Server. The
time it ends up taking is ridiculous. I would never
recommend Access for anything more than a home user.

Cheers,
Sharon

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Convert to Access? You're absolutely nuts... Go for MSDE
at least so that
>you can eventually upsize it to SQL Server..  Access

doesn't have triggers
Quote:>or cursors in the traditional sense of the word. The

conversion will drive
Quote:>you nuts.

>Not to mention the limitation on the number of

connections and the DB
>size....

>Guy

>> Hello Everyone,

>> I am a project manager at First Investigative
Consultants
>> (La Crescenta, CA).  I am looking for any information
that
>> you might have that would lead me to either a reputable
>> Software design firm or individual that can "grow" with
us.
>>  We have a nearly turn-key software that was designed in
>> Oracle that we would like to convert to Access likely
with
>> a Visual Basic Front.  We will need a company or
individual
>> that has the resources to work with us in creating what
>> will become the industry standard all-in-one P.I.
business
>> software.

>> --
>> Andrew Ferrera
>> Project Manager
>> First Investigative Consultants

>> (818) 957-1958

>.

Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database

Post by Fluke » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:20:54

Access with VB Frontend for a turn-key project ? You are surely
going to grow!