WAY off topic, but...Rational...

Post by Null » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:36:32

Hello -

Anyone have any recommendations for resources to get a good handle on
Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, UML...>?

Of course I've gotten demo product and been to rational's site, but I'm
looking for something like this newsgroup as well as training advice - need
to learn as much as I can ASAP....

For your patience, I thank you.

For any of you that I've offended, I apologize.

If you have any feedback, I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers!

WAY off topic, but...Rational...

Post by Davin Mickelso » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:31:56

Hi.
Check out Addison Wesley Professional books. They have more books on UML and
Rational software than any other publisher. I thought the books were good
too.

Go here and click on "Object Technologies" on the left menu bar.
http://www.awprofessional.com

Good luck,
Davin Mickelson

Quote:> Hello -

> Anyone have any recommendations for resources to get a good handle on
> Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, UML...>?

> Of course I've gotten demo product and been to rational's site, but I'm
> looking for something like this newsgroup as well as training advice -
need
> to learn as much as I can ASAP....

> For your patience, I thank you.

> For any of you that I've offended, I apologize.

> If you have any feedback, I'd much appreciate it.

> Cheers!

1. MS Flight Sim 98 - What A Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off

MS Flight Sim 98   -   What A Rip Off

So am I the only person checking into this News Group that thinks FS98
is a major Microsoft rip off?  I mean are you just like thrilled or
what?

I've never returned a Microsoft product before, but this puppy went
back after spending a week trying to figure out why I spent $50+ on
what turns out to be a very very minor upgrade.  Never mind the
poultry  $10 MS rebate.

When I returned the piece of crap to CompUSA, the person at the
service counter ask why I was returning it.   I simply said that I was
not happy with it and she said I wasn't the only one and that she had
had a ton of returns.   She said people complained that there wasn't
enough difference between this new version and the previous one.
Imagine that.

Microsoft has been sittings around on their fat asses doing little of
nothing thinking we'll get this thing out quick and beat Sierra (Pilot
Pro) to the punch.  And fuck the customers.  Well they're not fucking
this one.

I sincerely hope that Sierra's Pilot Pro kicks Microsoft's ass.  They
certainly have it coming for this one.  Maybe with some decent
competition running up their tail pipe,  we,ll finally get a FS
upgrade that's worth the price!

So what do think?

Rick

2. procmail and Sun mailtool

3. MS Flight Sim 98 - What A Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip O

4. "DOS version error" message, HELP!

5. On off on off on off on off

6. Lexmark Optra - Problems with new driver

7. Off topic? maybe.

8. OFF TOPIC: Why DQ Sucks

9. HOCKEY FANS (OFF TOPIC)

10. Just curious (Off topic)

11. Off topic: To any St. Louis Cardinals Baseball fans....

12. kinda off topic