Warning about exams

Post by Dave Girvit » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:17:58

I recently wrote 70-229 and had a bad experience.  It turned out that next
to my exam site was a language school.  In the middle of the exam, one of
their classes let out and promptly proceeded to make a ton of noise.  I
immediately complained to the administrator and the best that she could
offer me was a set of ear plugs.  As I find ear plugs a real irritant, I
declined and forced my way through the exam.  Needless to say, I failed.  I
complained again to the administrator and she advised me to contact VUE.
After 2.5 weeks, I finally received a voucher to retake the exam.  So,
although I'm disgruntled, at least they were willing to make amends.  With
the voucher, however, I received the following note.  Anyone writing exams
should take heed:

"Anytime during your exam, if you experience a problem that you feel is
going to prevent you from completing the exam you should notify the Admin
and request to have the exam rescheduled.  Once you complete the exam, you
are stating that you feel your concentration has not been broken and you can
continue with the exam.  Also it is not guaranteed that you will receive
compensation. "

Caveat Emptor...

Good luck,
Dave Girvitz, MCAD

---

Warning about exams

Post by Michae » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:08:11

Thanks for sharing this info. I also heard from people before that some exam
centers are pretty bad; like very old PC, bad mouse, monitors, etc...

Quote:> I recently wrote 70-229 and had a bad experience.  It turned out that next
> to my exam site was a language school.  In the middle of the exam, one of
> their classes let out and promptly proceeded to make a ton of noise.  I
> immediately complained to the administrator and the best that she could
> offer me was a set of ear plugs.  As I find ear plugs a real irritant, I
> declined and forced my way through the exam.  Needless to say, I failed.
> complained again to the administrator and she advised me to contact VUE.
> After 2.5 weeks, I finally received a voucher to retake the exam.  So,
> although I'm disgruntled, at least they were willing to make amends.  With
> the voucher, however, I received the following note.  Anyone writing exams
> should take heed:

> "Anytime during your exam, if you experience a problem that you feel is
> going to prevent you from completing the exam you should notify the Admin
> and request to have the exam rescheduled.  Once you complete the exam, you
> are stating that you feel your concentration has not been broken and you
can
> continue with the exam.  Also it is not guaranteed that you will receive
> compensation. "

> Caveat Emptor...

> Good luck,
> Dave Girvitz, MCAD

> ---

1. WARNING! SCANVIEW DRUM SCANERS WARNING!

I have a 16,000.00 drum scanner from scanview. I have owned for about 1.5
years.
barely used it (about 100 scans) something happened and it needs service.
now I find out the company has no service for the scanner. and will not return
my phone calls. The company is from denmark and is ripping off  the hard
working folks of the U.S. the only voice I have in this matter is the internet.
FLAME SCANVIEW.COM UNTIL THEY GO BACK TO DENMARK WHERE THEY BELONG.

2. ISDN in Mexico

3. As seen on TV > Automated exam taker - pass all your exams

4. Live neural net predictions. 20 day look ahead on the DOW. 10 hr look ahead on USDM/ USJY.

5. details of exam & exam fees

6. FP98 & FP2000 error access web site

7. windows exam vs web exam

8. Drag and drop files into a listbox

9. What is the best book to prepare for 70-016 exam (VC++ Desktop exam)?

10. Exam 70-176 - New with certification exams