Study Material

Post by Bhavdeep S Sachde » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:54:31

I have been programming in ASP and VB 6.0 for the last 3
years. I am now planning to upgrade my skills to
include .NET technologies (MCAD first and later MCSD).

I am not sure what study materials should I choose. Are
Microsoft Press Exam Kits good enough? If no, then can you
people out there help me decide which ones are good and
which ones are not?

Thanks in advance.
Bhavdeep.

Study Material

Post by Piete » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:11:47

Bhavdeep,

Exam kits are great once you get a thorough experience
in .NET Framework, Web/Windows-based application
development and ADO.NET. To get that experience please get
some experience: Take a look at sites like www.asp.net and
build your own apps.

Cheers!

Pieter

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have been programming in ASP and VB 6.0 for the last 3
>years. I am now planning to upgrade my skills to
>include .NET technologies (MCAD first and later MCSD).

>I am not sure what study materials should I choose. Are
>Microsoft Press Exam Kits good enough? If no, then can
you
>people out there help me decide which ones are good and
>which ones are not?

>Thanks in advance.
>Bhavdeep.
>.

Study Material

Post by Mari » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:57:36

Bhavdeep,

    Check out the user reviews of the Microsoft kits on
Amazon, and compare them with the reviews of the Kalani
books. Never take them as gospel though, especially if the
number of reviews is very small.
    If you already know the material and just want
to 'revise' for the exam, then I believe that both
publishers are fine. For what it's worth, Examcram2
appears to be rebuilding its reputation after a period of
less than impressive quality.
    If there is a lot of new stuff to learn and you want a
useful study 'roadmap' plus very well worked out practice
exercises then in my opinion Kalani is more helpful than
the MS kits. You should also complement this with a lot of
background reading and experimenting.

Good luck,
Maria

Quote:>-----Original Message-----