Need help on SQL-Server Network Data Transformation

Need help on SQL-Server Network Data Transformation

Post by Muhammad Qasi » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:37:13

How Data is Traveled on Network by SQL-Server2000
either in form of Packets of Data or Instructions

OR

How much data is secured when system/network/Electricity
fails at the time when data is being transfered from
Client to Server.

Please answer my Question
I will be Thankfull to you

Need help on SQL-Server Network Data Transformation

Post by Mari » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:40:44

According to MSDN:
With Microsoft SQL Server, Net-Libraries (network
libraries) support the networked connections between the
clients and the server by using the Tabular Data Stream
(TDS) protocol. They enable simultaneous connections from
clients running Named Pipes, TCP/IP Sockets, or other
Inter-Process Communication (IPC) mechanisms

So the answer to your question depends to some extent on
how you connect to the database.

hth
Maria

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>How Data is Traveled on Network by SQL-Server2000
>either in form of Packets of Data or Instructions

>OR

>How much data is secured when system/network/Electricity
>fails at the time when data is being transfered from
>Client to Server.

>Please answer my Question
>I will be Thankfull to you
>.

1. data transformation puzzle need help.

Hi,

AFter a full eight hours of trying to perform this transformation, I
realize that I'm just not up to the task in SAS, and need your wisdom.
 I've tried merges, do-loops and a macro w/ no success.

The problem is a forest harvest-scheduling one that requires
transformation. A short example is as follows:

Current format:

Regime  ID   period   volume   Rx
1       99    3         3      Th
1       99    6         5      Th
1       99    9         10     CC
2       18    6         15     CC
3       22    12        18     Th
4       32    3         12     CC
4       32    9         5      Th
4       32    12        7      Th

Desired Format of the above example:
Regime ID  P1  P2  P3  V1  V2  V3
  1    99   3   6   9   3   5  10
  2    18   6          15
  3    22  12          18
  4    32   3   9  12  12   5   7

Thanks in advance,

John

2. Imaging MM Fonts correctly

3. URGENT NEED - Data Analyst - SQL Server - Miamisburg OH - 3 MONTHS

4. SoftPC Installation Guide

5. IMMEDIATE NEED - SQL Server, SSIS Data Analys

6. Books $ Manuals for Clipper & VO

7. URGENT - Need the DATA TYPES comparison for PostgreSQL and ORACLE and SQL Server

8. ::: THE BEST LOGO-LIKE ENVIRONMENT, ABSOLUTELY FREE

9. NEED ODBC version 2.0 driver for SQL-Server (SQLSRVR.DLL)

10. 70-15 VC++ Distributed: how much SQL/SQL server knowledge needed.

11. SQL-Server/NT/PC-NFS/Windows 3.1 ??HELP??

12. Sybase SQL Server Vs. Microsoft SQL Server

13. MS SQL Server vs Sybase SQL Server