Is exam 70-015 or 70-016 for better overall knowledge of VC ?

Is exam 70-015 or 70-016 for better overall knowledge of VC ?

Post by Lee Holsenbec » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 00:08:59

hi,

i have a MCP in VB and am looking to get one for VC. with the MCSD track i
can use it as an elective, so I just want to take the VC exam that will
increase my knowledge of VC. i can get the distributed MCP for VB for
knowledge of MTS, COM + DCOM. any opinions on which VC exam covers more of
using VC as a language and a tool ?

thanks,
lee

Is exam 70-015 or 70-016 for better overall knowledge of VC ?

Post by Alan Davi » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 01:00:58

Both exams cover different parts of the capabilities of VC. However,
there is very little about general C++ in either (although the
distributed exam did have a couple of questions). The desktop exam
contains many MFC questions and fewer ATL, the distributed one
contains many more ATL questions and only a few MFC. Both exams have
many questions on data access e.g ado, oledb & obdc as well as basic
database design stuff, distributing apps etc

So to answer your question, both cover VC as a tool, none cover the
C++ language.

In my own view was that I found both these exams easier than the VB
ones, but that's just my view - and I'm not a VC guru.

Is exam 70-015 or 70-016 for better overall knowledge of VC ?

Post by Lee Holsenbec » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 02:36:57

i'm not looking to improve my c++ (that comes with time), but i do need to
improve my knowledge of using the visual c ide. looking at the study guides,
i'd have to say desktop; the distributed covers a lot of what i do on a
daily basis in vb(mts, ado, using sql).

> Both exams cover different parts of the capabilities of VC. However,
> there is very little about general C++ in either (although the
> distributed exam did have a couple of questions). The desktop exam
> contains many MFC questions and fewer ATL, the distributed one
> contains many more ATL questions and only a few MFC. Both exams have
> many questions on data access e.g ado, oledb & obdc as well as basic
> database design stuff, distributing apps etc

> So to answer your question, both cover VC as a tool, none cover the
> C++ language.

> In my own view was that I found both these exams easier than the VB
> ones, but that's just my view - and I'm not a VC guru.

1. Difference between 70-015 and 70-016 Regards VC track???

Dear Friends:

I am trying to prepare MCSD Visual C++ certificate, but from the
requirment, I see there is no big difference between the Test of VC
Desktop(70-016) and Distribute (70-015), other than the MTS part.

Is that true? If Yes, can we say it is pretty easy to pass the
Distribute (70-015) after passing the Desktop (70-016)?

Any suggestion is really appreciated !

Tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. URGENT - after installing critical update nothing works

3. 70-015 & 70-016 exams

4. Hot Hot Requirement Oracle e-Business (GL) Functional w/Hyperion Financial Mgmt in Boston, MA for 3+ Months Contract

5. Need Advice on 70-015 or 70-016 exam

6. IDE secondary channel

7. How different are 70-015 and 70-016 exams ?

8. Printing and multiple users

9. 70-015, 70-016 study manual and practice exams

10. 70-016, 70-015 & 70-029 books recommendations

11. Difference between 70-015 and 70-016

12. 70-015 and 70-016 overlap.