PowerPC controller with on-chip PCI interface ??

PowerPC controller with on-chip PCI interface ??

Post by David Mülle » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi

Is such a chip available somewhere or is it in the
pipeline ??

--

Dave

PowerPC controller with on-chip PCI interface ??

Post by Odell, Mar » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Dave,

It is the "Kahlua" chip a.k.a. MPC8240. It is a PowerPC
603e core with many of the MPC106 PCI bridge functionality
integrated on to it. We're designing it in to a product
now. There's a press release on Mot's PowerPC web site.

- Mark

Thanks,

but a PowerQUICC II chip is far to "big" for what i have
to do.

I'm searching for something in the class of
IBM's 40x family (or lower).

--

Dave

PowerPC controller with on-chip PCI interface ??

Post by Odell, Mar » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

It is not in the PowerQUICK line. Think of
it as a 603e with PCI. There are no serial
ports of any type on this part. It will be
about $65 in 1000's.

Quote:>  >  but a PowerQUICC II chip is far to "big" for what i have
>  >  to do.

You must have thought I meant the MPC8260 which is the
PowerQUICC II. I said the MPC8240, it has no comm. in
it at all.

Regards,

- Mark

Post by Magnus Homan » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Thanks,

> but a PowerQUICC II chip is far to "big" for what i have
> to do.

> I'm searching for something in the class of
> IBM's 40x family (or lower).

Maybe the IOP 480 from www.plxtech.com?

Homann
--

                  URL  : http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/DCIG/d0asta.html
  The Climbing Archive!: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/Climbing/index.html

1. On-chip/Off-chip caches

I would like references on on-chip/off-chip cache with respect
to the following characteristics:

(1) Typical size as of now
(2) Increase in size each year due to technology advances
(3) Cache management policies, whether policies at the two
    levels are (in)dependent
(4) Cache organization, again whether org at the two
    levels are (in)dependent.

Thanks,
Jayashree
Jayashree Ramanathan             E-mail:

Michigan State University        uunet!frith!jaya
East Lansing MI48824

2. Archive-on-line

3. Can't boot with PCI IDE ATA133 RAID controller on Sil0680 chip

4. Unread versus Read

5. MPEG2 on-chip RISC VLD co-processing?

6. Faster Startup

7. MPEG2 on-chip RISC core?

8. Exchange Encarta Bookshelf

9. 80x86 compatible micro with on-chip ROM & security fuse?

10. PPC 8245 On-Chip Serial question

11. Accessing of PCI Config registers in CPC700 of POWERPC interface

12. 1:1 backside L2 vs. on-chip L2?

13. PowerPC PCI interface products