Aisys DriveWay for Motorola's MPC8260

Post by Nir Ben-Shmu » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 19:38:22

Aisys DriveWay for Motorola's MPC8260
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aisys has developed DriveWay-MPC8260,  a device driver design environment
for Motorola's MPC8260 PowerQUICC II communication processor.

DriveWay-MPC8260 saves time and money spend developing device drivers
and integrating them into the overall system. Its speeds the learning of
the MPC8260, virtually eliminates the coding step, simplifies the
integration
process and greatly improves reliability.

DriveWay-MPC8260 generated code is compatible with variety of hardware
and software development tools, including the common evaluation boards,
de*s, compiler and operating systems on the market.

Aisys product line includes also:
DriveWay MPC8240
DriveWay MPC8255
DriveWay MPC8260
DriveWay MPC8265
DriveWay MPC860
DriveWay MPC850
DriveWay MPC823
DriveWay MSC8101
DriveWay PPC405
DriveWay 68HC05
DriveWay 68HC08

About Aisys
Aisys, Inc. is the premiere provider of embedded design automation (EmDA)
tools that facilitate the development of the foundation layer of embedded
systems design -- device driver and board support package (BSP) code  --
for all the leading microprocessor architectures. Aisys technology enables
embedded system developers to dramatically reduce design cycle times for
"smart"  (embedded processor-based) products.

Aisys is unique in addressing EmDA , because its software solution is
focused at the core layer that is most tightly integrated with the
underlying embedded microprocessors and their peripherals. Indeed, by
automating the  "where software meets hardware" layer, Aisys has taken the
first critical step toward enabling EmDA for the complete embedded design
process  -- starting at the foundation layer comprising device drivers and
BSP code and continuing through Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) and
application layers.

Aisys is a venture backed corporation with headquarters in Tel Aviv, Israel
Partnering with industry leaders to offer the latest in cutting-edge EmDA
tools, Aisys's family of products enables smarter products to market faster.
It does so by enabling embedded-systems developers to focus on designing
value-added applications or porting existing applications to new hardware,
instead of manually writing and debugging low-level hardware-related code.

 Aisys Inc
------------
Aisys Ltd.
16 Basel Street
P.O.B. 10041
Petach-Tikva 49001
Israel
Phone: 972-3-9226860
Fax: 972-3-9226863

 Web Site : http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Wolfgang Den » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 04:23:12

>Aisys has developed DriveWay-MPC8260,  a device driver design environment
>for Motorola's MPC8260 PowerQUICC II communication processor.

Where can one download the source code?

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de

Post by Dan Gol » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 07:32:56

> >Aisys has developed DriveWay-MPC8260,  a device driver design environment
> >for Motorola's MPC8260 PowerQUICC II communication processor.

> Where can one download the source code?

First ask where one must deposit ~ $40K (USD)....   Then ask how much MORE
for the source... Then ask how much more for technical support if you need
it.

Disclaimer:  I haven't used it, but have talked to people that did, and I've
sat through their local sales presentation.  They do provide a great (free)
breakfast though.

Post by George Varndel » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 08:03:52

> > >Aisys has developed DriveWay-MPC8260,  a device driver design environment
> > >for Motorola's MPC8260 PowerQUICC II communication processor.

> > Where can one download the source code?

> First ask where one must deposit ~ $40K (USD)....   Then ask how much MORE
> for the source... Then ask how much more for technical support if you need
> it.

Hi Dan,

Considering that Wolfgang is an open source kind of guy, his post was
deliciously tounge in cheek. I'm guessing he was aware of the cost.

Quote:> Disclaimer:  I haven't used it, but have talked to people that did, and I've
> sat through their local sales presentation.  They do provide a great (free)
> breakfast though.

I don't know if he knew that though. ;)

Bypassing the standard self-promotion,
George Varndell

Aisys DriveWay for Motorola's MPC8260

tongue -- I know

Post by Dan Gol » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 08:54:39

> Considering that Wolfgang is an open source kind of guy, his post was
> deliciously tounge in cheek. I'm guessing he was aware of the cost.

Hi George, is the gang all here now ? :-)

I know he is too, but his post was too good to pass on a followup.  I really
had wanted to follow-up the OP, but figured I'd be nice and wait for someone
else to say something before I put out the real details....  Wolfgang -
thanks for the lead-in...

Quote:> > Disclaimer:  I haven't used it, but have talked to people that did, and
I've
> > sat through their local sales presentation.  They do provide a great
(free)
> > breakfast though.

> I don't know if he knew that though. ;)

In that case, I don't feel like I've wasted any net bandwidth then :-)

   Dan

Post by Wolfgang Den » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 04:17:20

>> First ask where one must deposit ~ $40K (USD)....   Then ask how much MORE
>> for the source... Then ask how much more for technical support if you need
>> it.

Arghhh... that's even worse than expected.

Quote:>Considering that Wolfgang is an open source kind of guy, his post was
>deliciously tounge in cheek. I'm guessing he was aware of the cost.

Seems you know me quite well ;-)

Quote:>> sat through their local sales presentation.  They do provide a great (free)
>> breakfast though.
>I don't know if he knew that though. ;)

I didn't - but anyway: I don't like to see  commercial  ads  in  news
group postings.. But I wasn't sure it it was one.

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
In C we had to code our own bugs, in C++ we can inherit them.

Post by Mark Stockt » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:16:36

> First ask where one must deposit ~ $40K (USD)....   Then ask how much MORE
> for the source... Then ask how much more for technical support if you need
> it.

> Disclaimer:  I haven't used it, but have talked to people that did, and I've
> sat through their local sales presentation.  They do provide a great (free)
> breakfast though.

I think Aisys should pay me for this, but anyway I worked with their
tool
at a previous company, and we were pretty satisfied with it.
On one hand, maybe we could finish the project without them, but on
the other hand, it would have taken us at least 3-4 months more (you
can do the math by yourself).

Regards,
Mark Stockton.

1. AISYS DriveWay's for Motorola's MPC860 and MPC821.

    Subject : AISYS DriveWay's for Motorola's MPC860 and MPC821.

AISYS DriveWay's for Motorola's MPC860 and MPC821.

AISYS has developed DriveWay-MPC860 and DriveWay-MPC821,  a device
driver design environment for Motorola's MPC860 PowerQUICC and MPC821
communication processor.

DriveWay-MPC860 saves time and money spend developing device drivers
and integrating them into the overall system. Its speeds the learning of
the
MPC860, virtually eliminates the coding step, simplifies the integration

process and greatly improves reliability.

DriveWay-MPC860 generated code is compatible with variety of hardware
and software development tools, including the common evaluation boards,
debuggers, compiler and operating systems on the market.

AISYS product line includes also

DriveWay-51, for the 80C51 family, including Intel and Philips family
members.
MP-DriveWay, for Microchip's PIC14, PIC16 and PIC17 microcontrollers.
DriveWay-COP8, for National's COP8 microcontroller.
DriveWay-86, for AMD's 186ES and 186EM microcontrollers.
DriveWay-XA, for Philips XA microcontrollers family.
DriveWay-302, for Motorola's MC68302 communication processor.
DriveWay-360, for Motorola's MC68360 QUICC communication processor.

 About AISYS

 AISYS Inc, provides embedded design automation tools.
 Visit our booth at ESCW. We will also be hosting a free showcase
 session providing technical training on how to use DriveWay-MPC860.
 Check our website for details, free downloads and details on the
 products.

 Aisys Inc
------------
 4633 Old Ironsides Drive, Suite 105,
 Santa Clara, California 95054.
 Tel (408) 327-8820, fax (408) 327-8830

 Web Site :http://www.aisysinc.com.

2. JBuilder3.5 and Win98 Problem

3. own made VCDs, playback on a PAL CD-i

4. Anybody remember CHAOS?

5. Any good experiences w/ Aisys' DriveWay?

6. IDL, scripts and command line arguments?

7. Anyone use Aisys's DriveWay 3DE

8. Aisys Driveway Tool

9. Will driveway sensor respond with 20' wide driveway?

10. Has anyone tried the Motorola ULTRA BSP with Motorola's boot proms

11. web page for embedded linux on motorola mpc8260