Problems running Debug in OS9

Post by Dave J. Catlin » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 04:35:28

Hi,

I've written some code using Carbon under OS X that works finein debug and
final, when I re-boot into OS9 to check it works there too it doesn't - fair
enough, but I can't run the code with the de*.  It compiles without
errors but then a dialog appears with words to the effect of 'Warning -
Invalid entries in symbolic file, de* may display incorrect
information' but the program does not run.

I'm sure this is due to a duff install of Codewarrior 8.  It turned the Mac
I'm using had versions 6, 7 and 8 on it and the metronub extension was
actually from version 6 so I've been trying to clean Codewarrior off to get
it re-installed properly.

Any tips as to what other files to delete in order to remove Codewarrior
other than the metronub extension and the codewarrior folder?

Any ideas how to fix this problem otherwise?  (I took my code to another Mac
where debug didn't generate any warnings about the symbolic file so I'm
pretty sure it's the install or my Mac).

Cheers
Dave

---

Problems running Debug in OS9

Post by MW Ro » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:43:12

Quote:>Hi,

>I've written some code using Carbon under OS X that works finein debug and
>final, when I re-boot into OS9 to check it works there too it doesn't - fair
>enough, but I can't run the code with the de*.  It compiles without
>errors but then a dialog appears with words to the effect of 'Warning -
>Invalid entries in symbolic file, de* may display incorrect
>information' but the program does not run.

I thought of one more thing  if this is Java.... it could be that the
program is Java 1.2  That just won't run on OS 9.   In fact I bet that
is the problem.  The debug information is different too,  are you
linking with classes.zip or rt.jar.... if rt.jar, it won't run on OS 9

Ididn't

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

Problems running Debug in OS9

Post by Dave J. Catlin » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 06:36:22

Quote:> I thought of one more thing  if this is Java.... it could be that the
> program is Java 1.2  That just won't run on OS 9.   In fact I bet that
> is the problem.  The debug information is different too,  are you
> linking with classes.zip or rt.jar.... if rt.jar, it won't run on OS 9

The code is plain C sadly.

Thanks
Dave

---

1. Problems Debugging OS9 Apps with Codewarriro 8.3 in OS 10

        As the subject explains most of my problem, I am trying to debug a pure OS9
app in OS 10.2.6. When I tell Codewarrior to Debug my program, I get the
following error:

"Application Launch Failure"

The application "(null)" could not be launched because of a shared library
error: "> <Classic Toolbox Debug><Classic Toolbox Debug><InterfaceLib><>"

All I did to get to this error was create a new "Mac OS C++ Stationary", then
I picked "Mac OS Toolbox, C++ Toolbox Classic" project Stationery.  Then I
just told Codewarrior to debug.. gives me this 100% of the time.

Now if I go into Classic, (full reboot) and launch Codewarrior from there
debugging works great.. but frankly that sucks, since I do a lot of
programming.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Pointer Rollover

3. CW 8.2 problem debugging plug-ins

4. "Port already Open"...How do I get rid of this?

5. Orbix 2.3 on NT: debug vs. non-debug run time

6. Help Me!!

7. no breakpoints in one source OS9 -> x86 cross debug

8. downloading a file from within Emacs

9. Debug help - VB6 OS W2K runs in IDE > .exe ends when run without any error

10. Debugging Add-Ins

11. Running debug/checked build problem

12. Problem running in debug

13. EA7: problems running and debugging PPC applications