CW8 and Carbon Packaging

Post by Tim S Lefle » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 03:16:22

Is there something I'm missing?
I'm developing a Carbon application and I'm using the Application Package
PPC Target. When I compile and build the application the package gets
created but the application file is in the MacOSClassic folder not the MacOS
folder. Is there something I can do to get it to place it in the MacOS
folder?
On a side note is there a way I can tell a resource (within the project),
which language folder (i.e. English.lprog) to go into? It didn't look like
it but I was curious.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Ti

CW8 and Carbon Packaging

Post by Josef W. Wanker » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 06:43:20

Quote:> Is there something I'm missing?

Nope.  :-)

Quote:> I'm developing a Carbon application and I'm using the Application Package
> PPC Target. When I compile and build the application the package gets
> created but the application file is in the MacOSClassic folder not the MacOS
> folder. Is there something I can do to get it to place it in the MacOS
> folder?

It's supposed to go in the MacOSClassic folder.  The folder names should
actuall be "PEF" and "Mach-O" but instead they're named "MacOSClassic"
and "MacOS".  Your application will still run on OS 9 and OS X even if
it's in the MacOSClassic folder.

Quote:> On a side note is there a way I can tell a resource (within the project),
> which language folder (i.e. English.lprog) to go into? It didn't look like
> it but I was curious.

Nope.  This is currently a deficiency in our packaging process.  We hope
to address this for Pro 9.

CW8 and Carbon Packaging

Post by Sean McBrid » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:11:23

Quote:> Nope.  This is currently a deficiency in our packaging process.  We hope
> to address this for Pro 9.

No later than Pro 9, please!  I think this is an absolute must for Pro 9.

CW8 and Carbon Packaging

Post by Wade William » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:20:20

Quote:> Nope.  This is currently a deficiency in our packaging process.  We hope
> to address this for Pro 9.

Josef,

I'd also like to see you add a generic copy operation.

Something such that I can add a file of any type to my project and
specify the location in my application package to which it will be
copied.  Naturally if the source file changes, it will overwrite the
older destination file.

I do this currently with a shell script and the shell tool, but a
built-in generic copy file operation would be much nicer.

Thanks,

Wade

1. Cross-Platform development with CW8-Win and CW8 Palm?

I have been using CW for a looong time, first Mac only and then always
in the Win/Mac combination. Now I have a project which is Win AND
Palm, sharing most of the code, so I expected that I could buy the
Palm compilers as an add-on, and have Win, Mac and Palm targets in the
same project file in the same IDE.

But Docs on the metrowerks site are confusing for me, it seems that CW
Palm V8 and CW Win V8 are separate packages and even have different
IDEs.

I wonder if and how it is possible to combine these two packages. Or
more precisely, buying the quite expensive CW Palm v8 makes only sense
if it integrates 100% with my other CW work. I don't want to install
two versions of CW or the IDE.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Lukas

2. Proposal: comp.compression.new.incredible.algorithms.and.other.jokes

3. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

4. AKF93

5. Dreamcast package and Gameboy Advance Package for trade

6. Visual SourceSafe & Flash and Director

7. Geo package or Mapping package that WORKS with VXWorks

8. help: how do I?

9. ELEKTRO MAGNETIC SIMULATION PACKAGE Electro Magnetic Simulation Package Making Plane Rides Safer

10. Error installing package 'DBD-Proxy': Could not locate a PPD file for package DB

11. Carbon Monoxide Detector

12. carbon fiber ATX case

13. Carbon Fiber Tubes / Rods - UK Supplier