Updating CodeWarrior 8.3 to compile for QuickTime 6

Updating CodeWarrior 8.3 to compile for QuickTime 6

Post by Dave Adde » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:31:22

Hi,

I'm trying to update my CodeWarrior for Mac 8.3 install to compile against
QuickTime 6 for Carbon and PPC builds.  I've downloaded the latest Universal
Interfaces from Apple (3.4.2) (which claim to support QT6), and put these in
the right place, but still no luck.  What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

Updating CodeWarrior 8.3 to compile for QuickTime 6

Post by MW Ro » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:53:47

Quote:>Hi,

>I'm trying to update my CodeWarrior for Mac 8.3 install to compile against
>QuickTime 6 for Carbon and PPC builds.  I've downloaded the latest Universal
>Interfaces from Apple (3.4.2) (which claim to support QT6), and put these in
>the right place, but still no luck.  What do I need to do?

what problems are you having.  Are you getting compile time errors, (i.e
headers not found, functions not defined) or are you getting linker
errors.   Did you research for files.  Are the headers in the access
paths.

More information would be useful.  I think I have the QT or can download
it and check it out if I know more about the problem.

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

1. CodeWarrior v 8.3 update for Macintosh

CodeWarrior Development Tools For Mac OS, v8.3 Update is available from
Metrowerks download web site

http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/Support/Download/default.htm

This is a recommended Update for all CodeWarrior for Macintosh 8 users.

Warning

Do not apply this patch to installations consisting of any combined
products
other than those listed below.

The CodeWarrior Development Tools For Mac OS, v8.3 update is a
maintenance release of MSL, Debugger, IDE, and Compilers and Command
Line Tools. This update should only be applied to a CodeWarrior
Development Tools For Mac OS, v8.2 installation, or a CodeWarrior
Development Tools for Mac OS and Windows, v8.2 installation.

Complete release notes can be downloaded from the download page

Installation Notes

This release includes an installer that will update the appropriate
version 8.2 components to version 8.3. After installing we strongly
recommend that you rebuild all of your pre-compiled headers and
libraries to take full advantage of the patched components. Please read
'BuildLibraries Release Note.txt' in the MSL Release Notes folder from
your original installation for instructions on how to rebuild your
libraries.

For a complete list of bugs fixed in this release, please read the
corresponding release notes in the release notes folder after
installation or download the release notes separately from the link
above.

--
        Can you really afford not to use CodeWarrior 8.3 ?
Faster compiles, Improve Code Generation, Updated IDE for OS X 10.2

2. Dos Emulator for Windows CE

3. CodeWarrior for Palm OS 8.3 Update

4. Boot Manager & 2 drives

5. CodeWarrior v 8.3 update for Windows

6. Wireless Considerations

7. Codewarrior 8.3 unexpectedly quits

8. Career Opportunity in Virginia Beach, VA

9. ProjectBuilder Prjcts to CodeWarrior 8.3 (?)

10. Using CodeWarrior 8.3 to debug a plug-in fails

11. CodeWarrior for Palm 8.3 Patch Available.

12. Codewarrior 8.3 patch

13. Codewarrior 8.3 unexpectedly quits